MoveBrush with Transparency

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Juan Carlos

MoveBrush with Transparency

Post by Juan Carlos »

To the instruction MoveBrush(id, xa, ya, xb, yb[, table]) in the table options will be possible the option of Transparency as in the DisplayBrush where you can give a value among 0-255? I thing that this option with MoveBrush will be difficult to implement because the instruction will have recalculate the transparency with each movement on the background and it will needs a lot of CPU usage.
Utility of this paramater, well for demos or games to do for example: ghosts, Predator effect, etc.
Bugala

Re: MoveBrush with Transparency

Post by Bugala »

If using Layers, you could first use: SetLayerTransparency(id, level) and then MoveBrush and afterwards again SetLayerTransparency to gain temporary transparency.

Or did I miss what you were after?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

The problem using Layers is that some instructions don't work, is more easy to use the MoveDisplay.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, that won't come because it goes beyond the scope of what MoveBrush() can do. The only way to do this with MoveBrush() is using layers.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

But using Layers, that it is a good solution there is problem with the use the sprites.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

If you have layers, you don't need sprites because you can do everything with layers that can be done with sprites.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

I hope to release soon this project, it is still not finished since my free time is limited, but I'd say it's 70% done.
This is entirely coded using layers, with very good speed :)

Bugala

Post by Bugala »

@allanon, considering that you don't consider yourself a graphics guy if I recall right, you do pretty nice looking graphics.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

@allanon
In your case you are using brushes, my question is when you are using sprites, as an easy solution to make animations with all frames in same graphic file, instead of using for each frame one brush, for example to make a background with animations, is more easy use sprites than x brushes for each animation. Or well, there is other way to make the things instead of old school with sprites.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

@Bugala lol, you can see my graphical skills are just colored blocks, the background has been taken from internet :)
@Juan Carlos if you are forced to use sprites then there is no way, but layers are way more powerful and versatile than sprites! :)