Fire (and handle) custom events

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Clyde

Fire (and handle) custom events

Post by Clyde »

I would like to fire my own events (and pass my own data with the event) and handle it by callback function which are also registered with "InstallEventHandler".

Would be cool if this could be implemented.
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Fire (and handle) custom events

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

What for? Can't you call the event callback directly?
airsoftsoftwair

Turns out I need something exactly like this for some RapaGUI 2.0 functionality, so here it is :)

Code: Select all

- New: Added RunCallback() function to event library; this function can be used to push a user callback
  into the event queue; the callback won't be run immediately but the next time the event queue is emptied
  by WaitEvent() or CheckEvent()
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Hah, perfect, thank you! Looks good. Will see how that works then. And sorry for not responding here - I was still on my vacation and later I forgot this thread. :-/

PS: Any ideas when RapaGUI 2.0 could be released? I am using it kinda heavily right now. Will post about the project some time later (weeks).
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Clyde wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 am PS: Any ideas when RapaGUI 2.0 could be released? I am using it kinda heavily right now. Will post about the project some time later (weeks).
It's delayed but the good news is that there'll be a whole lot of new features. So many that I was even considering bumping it to 3.0 because 2.0 was the one that was released with Hollywood 8.0 for Android but I think I'll keep it at 2.0 and we consider the version released with Hollywood 8.0 in February a preview...
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Sounds good! Take your time. I know it will be great!
airsoftsoftwair

Clyde wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:15 am Sounds good! Take your time. I know it will be great!
I'm forced to take my time since something I planned to implement in two days has taken about 6 weeks now... the joys of programming :?
PEB

Post by PEB »

Off topic (though related to RapaGUI 2.0):
Not wanting to add more to your workload, but I was wondering if functions such as HidePointer() will work with Hollywood displays inside RapaGUI windows in version 2.0? (Using the IPC library with RapaGUI would be nice too.)
airsoftsoftwair

PEB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:05 pm Off topic (though related to RapaGUI 2.0):
Not wanting to add more to your workload, but I was wondering if functions such as HidePointer() will work with Hollywood displays inside RapaGUI windows in version 2.0? (Using the IPC library with RapaGUI would be nice too.)
Currently not but I can add this to the to do list ;)
PEB

Post by PEB »

Please also add this to the list:
*Support for SetTrayIcon() with RapaGUI.

Thanks.