Context Sensitive Highlighting for buttons.

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Bugala

Context Sensitive Highlighting for buttons.

Post by Bugala »

I think it is called context sensitive highlighting when you move your mouse over an icon, keep it still for a while, and then something happens (usually displays a box of text).

Its not very difficult to do this with Hollywoods buttons, basically it is just OnMouseOver = counter = counter + 1 and OnMouseOut = Counter = 0, and in the end, if Counter = 500 then stuff.

But it would be handy to have this as one of the options for event handlings among with OnMouseOver, OnMouseOut etc.

That there could be something like OnMouseOverForSomeTime() event, and then you could choose the amount of time before that event would get triggered, and in addition it would also follow that mouse is kept still over that button, instead of moved around it.
Allanon

Re: Context Sensitive Highlighting for buttons.

Post by Allanon »

Hello Bugala,
if this can help I've implementend floating tips using a timout started on MouseOver event and cancelled on MouseOut event, without any counters :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, but this is not very likely to come. The event handler is designed to be lowlevel so it wouldn't make sense to add higher level functionality. Btw, don't use a counter, use a timer because the counter will be relative to the CPU speed (unless you've implemented a throttle) which is certainly not something you desire.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Thanks from tip you both. Dont know how i missed Allanons reply for this long.

I havent implemented context highlight at all yet, and havent yet decided if i will do this or not. It will be one of the features on bottom of the "to do list", since it is not really a requirement. I currently have right mouse click to bring instructions. It would be just nicer to have it context highlight way, but it is also a bit of extra work, when im mainly wanting to get this finished sooner the better. And it wouldnt be much work either, but theres so many other things that arent much work either to do still.

Just when i was thinking of this it came to my mind it would be nice feature to have something like that in hollywood itself already, especially since it is quite common thing to use and this would then be easy to implement to Designer as well, where it could be very useful and appreciated thing.