Hmm... Don't know how to title this.

Feature requests for future versions can be voiced here
ocean77

Hmm... Don't know how to title this.

Post by ocean77 »

I was triggering the appearance of a layer when a certain condition was true in code, but I didn't realize (perhaps stupidly) that the code would override the transition effect set in the editor. This had me stumped for quite a while until I realized that, of course, it would.

Then I thought maybe there's was a way to implement a way to make the code use the transition set in the editor. It would certainly make things a little easier. I could not find the curly brackets on my keyboard on the Amiga emulation and had to jump to my host's text editor to copy the line of code needed. Sometimes that jump makes the mouse pointer act up so I have to restart the emulation too.

Just a thought.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hmm... Don't know how to title this.

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Hmm, I don't understand what's the problem here, please elaborate ;)
ocean77

Re: Hmm... Don't know how to title this.

Post by ocean77 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:07 pm Hmm, I don't understand what's the problem here, please elaborate ;)
Well, I slept on it and my ideas aren't always that brilliant. I just thought if you left the table empty in the code and if also there were entries in Designer's fx list then Hollywood would use these instead. But it would probably just confuse matters.