Eventlist features

Feature requests for future versions can be voiced here
amyren

Eventlist features

Post by amyren »

When you have an object, eg a brush, you can easy copy and paste it into object manager.
And all events will be copied as well, so you can now rename it and change the image used for the new copy.
Then you probably want to adjust the event list for the object accordingly.
For events like Move/Scale/Show/Hide Object, Start/Stop Action etc, you can easily edit the events and select another object or action.
But for events like Change Object Style or Change Object Options you will not get to select another object. You will have to delete the event and create a new one. Or, do some selective find/replace editing in the hwd file if there are many events for the objects.

1. Could it be possible to be able to re-select the object for the event for all types of events.

2. While in this event list. Would it be possible to enable a copy/paste feature for the entries in the event list?
If possible, be able to select more then one event for copying.

3. When dealing with some rather large event lists I sometimes found myself moving the events around. Specially when trying to compensate for the skip-event-bug from the Event not executed thread, I had to move many events from the bottom to the top. That took a lot of clicking to move several events from bottom to top in a large eventlist. Then I was thinking there should be buttons for Move to top and Move to bottom. The buttons could be labeled with symbols instead of text to save space, like '<<', '<', '>', '>>'

4. Just an observation. When selecting the event at the bottom of the list, the Move Up button is enabled and the Move Down is disabled.
When reaching the top of the list the Up button is still enabled and the Move Down button will not be enabled. To be able to move it down you need to select another event and reselect the top one again.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Eventlist features

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:44 pm 4. Just an observation. When selecting the event at the bottom of the list, the Move Up button is enabled and the Move Down is disabled.
When reaching the top of the list the Up button is still enabled and the Move Down button will not be enabled. To be able to move it down you need to select another event and reselect the top one again.
That's fixed now.

Code: Select all

- Fix: Move up/down button disabled state wasn't adapted correctly when moving events down in the event edit dialog
As for your other requests, they surely make sense but I'm currently busy with more important stuff. Maybe later ;)
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Eventlist features

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:44 pm 2. While in this event list. Would it be possible to enable a copy/paste feature for the entries in the event list?
If possible, be able to select more then one event for copying.

Code: Select all

- New: Added functionality to duplicate events in the event edit dialog; this should make your life easier
  in case you need a certain event lots of times; note that UIDs defined in events won't be cloned because
  they must be unique; so in case an event declares a UID, that field will simply be left empty in the
  cloned event