Add more Undo/Redo levels

Feature requests for future versions can be voiced here
amyren

Add more Undo/Redo levels

Post by amyren »

A few times I have felt that it would be nice to be able to back further than just one step back or forth.

In case of this is limited to one level in order to save memory, then perhaps there could be a setting to how much memory you want to reserve to this purpose.
Bugala

Re: Add more Undo/Redo levels

Post by Bugala »

+1 on this one. Multiple Undos make a difference in working.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

That's definitely on my list.
airsoftsoftwair

Code: Select all

- New: Added support for multiple undo/redo operations; this new feature required a complete rewrite of 
  Designer's undo/redo system in order to make it more memory-efficient; the old system was implemented in
  a rather sloppy way and often kept large amounts of data in memory which is of course unacceptable when
  allowing multiple operations to be cached; the new system now only stores a minimal amount of data for
  each operation which allows Designer to cache lots of operations and allow them to be undone/redone at
  a very small memory footprint; you can set the maximum number of operations Designer should cache in the
  preferences; by default this is set to 100 (50 on AmigaOS 3) but you can also set it to 0 to allow
  Designer to cache an unlimited number of operations
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

One more wish regarding this. If possible, add also a possibility to include UNDO/REDOs to the save file. I have noticed couple of times that it had been useful if I had UNDO after having loaded some GIMP file for example. However, as using GIMP as an example, Im not sure how doable that is actually, since like in GIMPs case, I might have cut smaller picture from bigger and saved the smaller picture, so naturally even if it would contain UNDO, it would then also need to have saved the original uncut image. But sometimes something like that would be useful, but because of drawbacks like the beofre mentioned need to save the original image file too, make it optional, not autofeature.
emeck

Post by emeck »

Nice to see enhancements to Designer. Thanks!
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
airsoftsoftwair

Bugala wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:09 pm One more wish regarding this. If possible, add also a possibility to include UNDO/REDOs to the save file.
You mean that Designer saves all undo/redo operation to a file so that you can undo/redo operations also when closing and reopening a project? Sorry, that's not going to come. Even PowerPoint can't do that ;)