Hollywood Developer with RapaGUI support?

Feature requests for future versions can be voiced here
SamuraiCrow

Hollywood Developer with RapaGUI support?

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I was wondering if it would be possible to make an extension of Hollywood that had graphical scripting capabilities. (In terms of Hollywood Designer, more like AmigaVision and less like PowerPoint.) What I don't know is if it would be much more useful than existing versions of Hollywood Designer because what I'm describing would be a huge project but may or may not be worth the effort.

I'm in the process of building a program editor something similar to the Flow Editor in AmigaVision but starting simpler. It is written in Hollywood 6.1 using RapaGUI and based on an example script that came with RapaGUI as well. While I would use such a thing myself and would imagine it would help out people with disabilities that prevent them from using a physical keyboard to type code in, would anyone else want such a thing? Possible other features could include a form of theming that includes custom text support that could replace or supplement locale support for simplified terminology for young users.

Before I get too deep into a subject that might be of limited use in the eyes of existing Hollywood users, I'd like to hear what others think.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood Developer with RapaGUI support?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I like the idea. AmigaVision surely had some potential but didn't receive much attention because of the almighty Scala. I think there is still demand for tools that allow you to code without actually writing code. I think I've seen some similar programs on the Raspberry Pi as well, so why not give it a go with Hollywood and RapaGUI as well...
SamuraiCrow

Re: Hollywood Developer with RapaGUI support?

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Ok. I'm following a "stone soup" development methodology where I start small and add features until it is complete. The first step is to make a "table editor" that displays, loads and saves tables. I'll keep you posted once that objective has been met.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.