Reset non proporsional scaling of text objects

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
amyren

Reset non proporsional scaling of text objects

Post by amyren »

While working in Designer I had some text objects first made with default sans 24. Then I experimented with some other custom fonts, but to maintain the same width/height as the original object, I did stretch them both vertical and horizontal (non proporsional scale)
Later I decided to set it back to default sans 24, but found it really hard to get the text back to its original size.
Tried to set the size by setting Object/Dimension, but this did not help.
Having some events connected to the text object, I didnt want to just create a new text object.
To "reset" the text object I created a new text object, and opened the .hwd file in a text editor and copied the object properties from the new object. Then back to designer and delete the new text object.
It seemes that once the text vert scale and text horiz scale is set for the object, it not so easy to get rid of.

Is there an easier way to reset these properties, or could this be a thing for the Designer wishlist?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Reset non proporsional scaling of text objects

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:12 pm Is there an easier way to reset these properties, or could this be a thing for the Designer wishlist?
Sounds like a legit feature request because there's currently no way to do this. However, it should be possible to add this quite easily. Hang on.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Reset non proporsional scaling of text objects

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Code: Select all

- New: Added "Reset transformation" to the object menu; this will reset all transformations (scaling and rotation) that have been applied to an object