Thanks Andreas!

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
nexus

Thanks Andreas!

Post by nexus »

Not really a question but a comment :)

@Andreas thanks a lot for Hollywood and your permanent development. As I now have dug deeper into Hollywood 9, I realized many useful improvements which could have helped me a lot with my "hwbeamer" presentation software (if it had been available at the start of my development ;) -- e.g. the bullet/enum options in `TextOut()` :D ).

Currently, I thought about new stuff and while programming a little with my dusty and rusty knowledge about HW, it always went like the following:

1. "Ah, damn, I wish I could do this more simple or do it at all"
2. Then, browsing the great documentation
3. "Oh, that is already possible -- how could I miss that!" :D

So, it's really great that u have thought of so many features :D

To give a short example:

I am planning to support writing my slides by defining them via JSON. A problem, that caused me some headache was, how to specify general, predefined transition effects like #CROSSFADE as these are integers and they are, of course, not known by the json parser (and the semantics for plain numbers are hard to remember ;) ). In some other cases, I already started to implement some mappings from "fast" to "#FASTSPEED" and so on. And then, I found `GetConstant()` with this little comment of yours:
It is probably of not much use.
I have to definitely disagree! :D

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. Regarding online document, I am just missing a search functionality (-- or I have not found it).
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Thanks Andreas!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Thanks, glad to know GetConstant() has finally found a user ;)