Designer 5 error when starting

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
ktadd

Designer 5 error when starting

Post by ktadd »

First let me say thanks for Designer 5. I bought it immediatly and have been playing with it the last few days. It's excellent!

On small issue. I'm running it on AmigaOS4 and when I start Designer 5 it always throws the following error:

"Error while loading plugin "Plananarama.hwp":
Error loading plugin plananarama.hwp"!

I can click "Ok" and Designer starts and runs fine. I checked the "SYS:Libs/Hollywood" directory and the plugin is there. I even re-downloaded the plugin and re-installed it but I still get the error on startup.

Any idea what's up?

For now I just renamed it to Plananarama.hwp.disabled to avoid the error but I'm guessing I can't make 68k executables that use the native graphics chips.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Designer 5 error when starting

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, Plananarama is an 68k plugin. You cannot use that on OS4 at all. Just delete it from LIBS:Hollywood.
plouf

Post by plouf »

wondering if ti will work if makes a second isntallation with 68k version of designer, and copy all 68k plugins inside "68k version folder"

in case he is interest to develop for 68k without gfx !?
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Should be possible but Designer itself will never run without Picasso96/CyberGraphX. You could just make Hollywood show Designer projects on systems without RTG using Plananarama.