Hollywood to make interactive installers?

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
Juan Carlos

Hollywood to make interactive installers?

Post by Juan Carlos »

I want know if with Hollywood I can creates installers for Windos and Amiga where the executables have embeded the bin file, txt files, etc. and in the install process to extract from the executable these files to copy, as Hollywood can embeded other files as graphics, sounds, fonts, etc.
jap

Re: Hollywood to make interactive installers?

Post by jap »

You can access all files linked into an executable as "normal" files. If you have file "data/mydata.bin" linked into your executable (see Hollywood guide for Hollywood command line option -linkfiles), you can copy it to any volume.

To copy mydata.bin to RAM disk:
CopyFile ( "data/mydata.bin", "RAM:mydata.bin" )

If mydata.bin is an archive compressed with CompressFile(), you can unpack it to RAM disk like this:
DecompressFile ( "data/mydata.bin", "RAM:mydata" )
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank yiu, jap, I want make some installers with datafiles and executables but with a nice enviroment with pictures and music, for example to make update of my Eye Viewer pluggins.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Humm, I want make installers with exe files embeded inside the Hollywood installer, for example as the InstallWizard in Windos, but to make these installers with multimedia effects, Is it possible and how with Hollywood?
jap

Post by jap »

Yes, it's possible. Just make an installer program with Hollywood with any multimedia effects you like.
You can include the installation package (files to be installed) into the installer executable and copy the files to the target directory as I explained earlier.