AHI Drivers?

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
1Mouse

AHI Drivers?

Post by 1Mouse »

Howdy all,

I have written a database with some audio clips.

People on Amigaworld.net have tried the software and using .WAV files and .MP3 files work fine on a Sam460 using Music Unit.

When tried on an X1000 it errors as that machine uses the new AHI drivers for Envy24 and HDAudio.

When run should a Designer created program automatically select the appropriate driver or are the newer drivers just not supported?

I'd like my software to be accessible to all OS4.x users or will I have to put in the notes when I upload to OS4Depot that it is incompatible with newer drivers.

Help please.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: AHI Drivers?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

What is your Hollywood version? Are you still on Hollywood 5.x? All Hollywood versions older than 6.0 use AHI library audio via a sound function which is probably not supported any more by newer AHI drivers because its whole design is quite Paula-centric. In Hollywood 6.0 the audio library has been completely rewritten to support the modern AHI device API now. Just download the freely available Hollywood Player 6.1 for OS4 and see if audio works on your system...
1Mouse

Post by 1Mouse »

Does the version of Hollywood affect the audio in software created with Designer?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, Designer itself doesn't have any audio code in it at all. It's all handled by Hollywood.
1Mouse

Post by 1Mouse »

Hi,

I have upgraded my Hollywood to version 6.1 and so will upload a new version of my Star Trek database to OS4 depot and all should be well
1Mouse

Post by 1Mouse »

Upgrading Hollywood to version 6.1 seems to have solved the audio issues I was having.