Hollywood IDE compilations

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Hollywood IDE compilations

Post by Juan Carlos »

I make several executables from Windows to Linux 64 bits with the plugins embeded and the programs and games don't works, I did the executables from Linux and now they work, also this problem I saw when I did one executable for MorphOS with the plugin embeded, this problem already has try in this forum but the strange problem with the executables with the plugins embeded continues, if you make a program and game with Windows IDE for other system instead of to have the plugin for its OS, this has the plugin from Windows.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood IDE compilations

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Have you put the right plugins in the right directories? See here for details.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Yes, Andreas I donwloaded all plugins and copy each one in its system and to make a good test of this, I copyed the same Windows drawer in Linux x64 and the game works with the plugin.

Other thing and I hope that you don't tell me that it is a hijack, with the true type fonts with Windows IDE workthis:
@FONT 1, "Times New Roman", 24, {Engine=#FONTENGINE_INBUILT}
or this other option:
@FONT 1, "banksia.font", 30, {Engine=#FONTENGINE_INBUILT}
In both cases in Windows the instructions embeded the fonts very good but in other systems not, for example in Linux although you have installed the fonts the instruction has changed and write instead of "Times New Roman" this "times-new-roman.ttf" and instead of .font .ttf
I know that you recommend the name plus the .ttf but why these different ways to work with the fonts, because this also I saw with Designer and true type fonts and the sizes in a system work in other not. :?:
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Linux has case-sensitive filesystems but Windows generally not.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 pm Linux has case-sensitive filesystems but Windows generally not.
Thank you for your answer I have started to learn to handle Linux and I want to use muy programs and games and I found these strange issues.
airsoftsoftwair

Juan Carlos wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am Yes, Andreas I donwloaded all plugins and copy each one in its system and to make a good test of this, I copyed the same Windows drawer in Linux x64 and the game works with the plugin.
So how do you link the plugins when compiling from the Windows IDE? Do you use @REQUIRE with the "Link" tag set to TRUE or how do you do it?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:20 pm
Juan Carlos wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am Yes, Andreas I donwloaded all plugins and copy each one in its system and to make a good test of this, I copyed the same Windows drawer in Linux x64 and the game works with the plugin.
So how do you link the plugins when compiling from the Windows IDE? Do you use @REQUIRE with the "Link" tag set to TRUE or how do you do it?
Yes I do, with Windows programs and games there isn't this issue, with Amiga versions I don't use this command because is other way to people download your plugins and can see you program, also not add more Kb to executable and for the problem with the plugins, I use Windows 7 where the IDE crashed with the right mouse button.
airsoftsoftwair

Which plugin are you trying to link?