extensions / text color /

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
plouf

extensions / text color /

Post by plouf »

IDE has default black in non recognised colour test
if for example i open a xml file all text is black
this creates a problem in xml files in case someone (me :)) uses black as the background color

also opening filter should include more and imho default xml too (since is xml part of RapaGUI and other)
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

Re: extensions / text color /

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

plouf wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:44 pm IDE has default black in non recognised colour test
if for example i open a xml file all text is black
this creates a problem in xml files in case someone (me :)) uses black as the background color
True. Will be fixed.
also opening filter should include more and imho default xml too (since is xml part of RapaGUI and other)
That's already there, isn't it? In the file open dialog, just use the type widget to change the filter from "Hollywood scripts" to "Text files", which includes XML.
plouf

Post by plouf »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:24 pm
That's already there, isn't it? In the file open dialog, just use the type widget to change the filter from "Hollywood scripts" to "Text files", which includes XML.
not well explained :)

i mean the DEFAULT (imho) must have .hws +xml + hsi (Hollywood Script Include)

and many more in options like .ini , .prefs....
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

plouf wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:01 pm i mean the DEFAULT (imho) must have .hws +xml + hsi (Hollywood Script Include)
But that doesn't make sense because the default filter is called "Hollywood scripts" and xml, ini, etc. are no Hollywood scripts...
plouf

Post by plouf »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:53 pm
plouf wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:01 pm i mean the DEFAULT (imho) must have .hws +xml + hsi (Hollywood Script Include)
But that doesn't make sense because the default filter is called "Hollywood scripts" and xml, ini, etc. are no Hollywood scripts...
well my point of view is this :)

Hollywood Scripts (hws , hsi, xml ) (as HollyWooScript - HollywoodScriptInclude - xml since rapagui makes xml almost part of hollywood)
Supported files (ini, prefs, json, sql ) (as these are all practilally text files but strict connected to frequent use of miscelanneous programms)
Text files (txt, csv, tabs,html, htm )
All files (*)

that i mean that i add more categories, but expand existing ones too)
and i also move xml to default
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

Subsuming XML files under "Hollywood scripts" doesn't make sense but of course I could change the default filter to be "Supported formats" which contains hws, xml, and all other supported formats and make this the default.
airsoftsoftwair

Code: Select all

- Fix [IDE]: Text color wasn't correct set for unformatted text (e.g. when opening *.xml or *.txt files in the Hollywood IDE)