Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc) released

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc) released

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Great to see this update! Now on to Hollywood 9.0 support :)
mrupp

Post by mrupp »

I tried it as well and I can confirm Clyde's answer as it works here as exepected, too. In addition, if you change

Code: Select all

newOOPInstance = myOOP:NewInstance()
to

Code: Select all

Global newOOPInstance = myOOP:NewInstance()
(or Local)
pressing F12 on "newOOPInstance" in "newOOPInstance:SomeFunction()" the cursor will jump to the correct line with the definition. Note that declaring a variable "Local" or "Global" is needed for this feature to be able to recognize it.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:58 pm Great to see this update! Now on to Hollywood 9.0 support :)
Finally your wish came true. :-) I just release the new version (9.0.0) of the hw4vsc extension. The update should be visible in the Extension tab of Visual Studio Code for those who have it installed already.

Additionally it seems wise to change the Hollywood executeable from "Hollywood.exe" to "Hollywood_Console.exe" (see https://github.com/JohnArcher/vscode-ho ... xecuteable),so debug output is redirected to Visual Studio Code's console (much nicer!).
Also, with the new "-printerror" argument of Hollywood you can output (the first) syntax error the VSC console as well (assuming you use Hollywood_Console.exe) (example shown here: https://github.com/JohnArcher/vscode-ho ... tasks.json).

Have fun!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Very nice, congratulations on the release!
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

ah, thanks for the update again. I have changed into using Visual Studio Code for my Hollywood programming pretty much completely after I tried your extension.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

@Andreas: Thank you!

@Bugala: Great to hear! Do you still have the problem you reported last time?
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Thanks for the update! I hope you have enough energy to include inline help soon. Anyway this is a great job.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

You're welcome, tolkien!

Well, there is so much to do ... Inline is also on my help, but probably I will need some help from Andreas for this feature (mainly exporting the help texts), but I will contact him once I am ready for this one. :-)