Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc) released

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Clyde

Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc) released

Post by Clyde »

Hey there,

I just released the first version of my Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc). You can find it and all neccessary information here:

- https://github.com/JohnArcher/vscode-hollywood-mal/
- https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... lywood-mal

This extension is far from being complete or perfect, but I just wanted to finally release it anyway in the hope that it is helpful to some of you. I started to create it a long time ago and it was too time consuming not to release it. :-) Even if it is not perfect.

Hope it will be useful to you. Feel free to fill issues on GitHub or ask questions here.

Cheers!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
tolkien

Re: Hollywood extension for Visual Studio Code (hw4vsc) released

Post by tolkien »

Oh mate! I can only say thanks. Will try later. :)
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Thank you! Curious how you like it. :-)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Great! Let's see if this becomes a classic like your hw4cubic add-on :)
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Thank you! I do hope so! :-)
nmakk

Post by nmakk »

That is great! Thanks for this -- works really well. You can now use a setup with this on macOS as well, works excellent.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Thanks a lot for your feedback, nmakk. As I have no MacOS machine I am glad it also works there flawlessly. If you have any wishes for additions please let me know here or file a GitHub issue. Thanks!
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Now that we have support for Visual Studio Code, the next job for Clyde is to create hw4xcode ... Hollywood for Xcode :) This would be very useful as well!
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

:-) There is still a lot do to for hw4vsc. I will also need a little help from you regarding redirecting the debug output to the Visual Studio Code output view. I know Hollywood can redirect it. I haven't looked at it in detail, but will do soon.

And for XCode: Unfortunately (? :-)) I have no Mac so it will be difficult to create sth for XCode.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

I released an update (v8.0.2) yesterday, which was mainly focused on improving documentation and streamlining of the task.json, as there are better ways to pass arguments to the Hollywood executable. This had the positive side effect that problems with spaces in the hollywood exe path are no more (thanks midwan).

I also added three new code snippets for quickly creating the @APPICON declaration (see https://github.com/JohnArcher/vscode-ho ... icon-table for an anim showing how this works).