Is Windows 11 Hollywood safe?

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
amyren

Is Windows 11 Hollywood safe?

Post by amyren »

I have been holding back updating to windows 11 until I am sure that it will not make my laptop unusable.
My greatest fear would be that the whole system refuse to start up after a failed upgrade, but the fear no 2 is that Hollywood or the Apk compiler would get problems after the update.

What experience does people have with updating from windows 10 to 11, is it all problem free or should I decline the update?
plouf

Re: Is Windows 11 Hollywood safe?

Post by plouf »

A lot of ppl update to 11
I have 11 and both hollywood and apk working
I am sure that most of "active" users here also have 11
Christos
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

plouf wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 am A lot of ppl update to 11
I have 11 and both hollywood and apk working
I am sure that most of "active" users here also have 11
Don't bet on it. I use Linux as my primary OS and have no bootable Windows system at all. I quit Windows after 7.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

What experience does people have with updating from windows 10 to 11, is it all problem free or should I decline the update?
I don't know about how much you'll like the general Windows 11 experience but Hollywood works fine on it :)
jPV

Post by jPV »

plouf wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 am I am sure that most of "active" users here also have 11
Naah... none of my PCs are Win11 compatible, but they're still powerful enough for me otherwise, so I'll stick with Win10 as long as possible. I don't want to waste money and natural resources for this...
amyren

Post by amyren »

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to give it a try. Although my broadband internet connection is currently more like slowband, so it might be that windows 12 is out before the update is done :)