Prefered Amiga IDE

Discuss anything about the Hollywood plugins for Cubic IDE and Codebench here
amyren

Prefered Amiga IDE

Post by amyren »

Being a newbie at HollyWood and programming in general, I just installed HollyWood 8 both for windows and on the Amiga (winuae/amikit).
The Windows version does have a nice IDE, and the Amiga version relies on external editors.

I did install the Cubic IDE demo, which is restricted to 500 lines, but still gives a good preview of what to expect from the full version.
But how well adapted is it to HollyWood version 8? A quick look suggest that this probably is not quite up to the standards of the windows IDE.

Or are there other or better options available for the Amiga?
SamuraiCrow

Re: Prefered Amiga IDE

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I started to write a Hollywood script that would generate syntax highlighting files for various editors with a preview tab but without a steady job, I've been forced to conserve my coding time. If you want to continue the project, let me know.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
jPV

Post by jPV »

I love to code in Cubic IDE and I think it's well up to the job with the latest Hollywood. The rare occasions I've quickly tried the Windows IDE I've felt it's lacking compared to Cubic IDE, so I guess it's more about what you get used to :) I don't know what I'd be missing in Cubic IDE currently... maybe folding code blocks would be one compared to, for example, Flow Studio (which is also getting Hollywood support in the future).
amyren

Post by amyren »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 am I started to write a Hollywood script that would generate syntax highlighting files for various editors with a preview tab but without a steady job, I've been forced to conserve my coding time. If you want to continue the project, let me know.
I fear that probably is way above my current HollyWood skills, but thanks for having faith in a beginner :)
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

jPV wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:59 am I don't know what I'd be missing in Cubic IDE currently,
Unicode support
Flow Studio (which is also getting Hollywood support in the future).
Yeah, And I am looking very forward to that.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

zylesea wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:54 pm Unicode support
FWIW, basic UTF-8 support could be hacked into Cubic IDE through the XPK interface but now that FlowStudio is going to support Hollywood, that's probably no longer necessary...
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

But FlowStudio is only for MorphOS so perhaps is still necessary.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

For OS4 there's also a MUI port of VIM now which seems to support Hollywood, see here: https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/art ... oryid=8372
PEB

Post by PEB »

I really like using Codebench for OS4.
(It doesn't have UTF-8 support either, though.)
SantiDarkG

Post by SantiDarkG »

Flow new version is here :)

I am learning a bit how this works. I created a new workspace, saved and I did add a *.hws file in my project.

I tried to compile and always I get this error

Error: File Path of the file *.hws doest not exist!

Any ideas ? :)

thanks for your help