FlowStudio

Discuss anything about the Hollywood plugins for Cubic IDE and Codebench here
airsoftsoftwair

Re: FlowStudio

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

tolkien wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:14 pm yes...support for hollywood in the recent Morphos release. Flowstudio looks great.
Yes, indeed! Kudos to Nicolas for making this possible!
SantiDarkG

Post by SantiDarkG »

Awesome............ Nicolas, if you read this....... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU :)
amigadave

Post by amigadave »

I'm currently only using Windows to play with Hollywood programming, but my original intentions have always been to do my programming on MorphOS, using Cubic IDE, which I purchased at full price years ago. (edit: I'm the kind of person who likes to use things that I have paid for, if they are still useful, even if better, or different solutions become available to me in the present. I'd like to use Cubic IDE, just because I paid for it, unless Flow Studio is significantly better, or because Flow Studio is still under development, it will be better for me to learn using it now, instead of learning Cubic IDE, and later needing to switch, and learn Flow Studio in the future)

Is Flow Studio a better choice now, or is Cubic IDE still a good choice for programming in Hollywood on MorphOS? Can anyone with experience using both on MorphOS please describe the Pros and Cons of both Flow Studio and Cubic IDE on MorphOS to me?
GMKai

Post by GMKai »

Was anyone successful in setting up a project that used the compiler-settings to build a Hollywood-project?
I had my simple-scripts but I fail to have FlowStudio setup to run the script from within the editor...
emeck

Post by emeck »

GMKai wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 am ...
I had my simple-scripts but I fail to have FlowStudio setup to run the script from within the editor...
I use APPBuilder to compile HW apps, but I do run my scripts from FlowStudio. After creating Project and adding a script file to it, go to Workspace --> Project Settings. In the Build tab, write this as Build Command: Hollywood:System/Hollywood -debugdevice @stdout yourscript.hws. I have Makefile Creation "None" and selected "Quiet build" and "Automatically save modified files before building" boxes.

You have to do it for each project. With that then clicking the Build Project button (hammer icon) will run your script. Output will be shown in the Flowstudio's Build output tab.
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
SamuraiCrow

CubicIDE vs. FlowStudio vs. VS Code (a year old thread necro)

Post by SamuraiCrow »

amigadave wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:24 pm I'm currently only using Windows to play with Hollywood programming, but my original intentions have always been to do my programming on MorphOS, using Cubic IDE, which I purchased at full price years ago. (edit: I'm the kind of person who likes to use things that I have paid for, if they are still useful, even if better, or different solutions become available to me in the present. I'd like to use Cubic IDE, just because I paid for it, unless Flow Studio is significantly better, or because Flow Studio is still under development, it will be better for me to learn using it now, instead of learning Cubic IDE, and later needing to switch, and learn Flow Studio in the future)

Is Flow Studio a better choice now, or is Cubic IDE still a good choice for programming in Hollywood on MorphOS? Can anyone with experience using both on MorphOS please describe the Pros and Cons of both Flow Studio and Cubic IDE on MorphOS to me?
If you plan on developing for AmigaOS 4.1 and AROS as well as MorphOS, use CubicIDE. If you're developing on MorphOS for MorphOS, use FlowStudio because it comes from the MorphOS team and works well on MorphOS. If you are developing on Windows, Linux or Mac and don't mind using VS Code, download the Hollywood plugin for that instead. Of all of the above the auto-code-complete feature of VS Code and its open source counterparts puts it well ahead of the others.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
GMKai

Post by GMKai »

emeck wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 pm After creating Project and adding a script file to it, go to Workspace --> Project Settings. In the Build tab, write this as Build Command: Hollywood:System/Hollywood -debugdevice @stdout yourscript.hws. I have Makefile Creation "None" and selected "Quiet build" and "Automatically save modified files before building" boxes.
That works, for running the project.
Any hints on the "blue play"-button, that maybe starts a created executable, how can that be used in a Hollywood-context?