Any interest for some simple tutorials?

The place for any Hollywood tutorials
jalih

Any interest for some simple tutorials?

Post by jalih »

Hello,

I might try to write some simple Hollywood 2d-game tutorials, anyone interested?

Space Invaders game might be a good candidate for an example game. While learning Lua, I wrote this for Windows in a couple of hours. Converting it to Hollywood is quite an easy task.
Allanon

Re: Any interest for some simple tutorials?

Post by Allanon »

Nice :)
Why not!
Exchanging experiences let us became better programmers :D
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sure, please do more games with Hollywood. It can be used for so much more than just another picture viewer :)
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Yeah, it would be great.

I have been thinking myself too of making some video tutorials about some game related stuff. Things like how to make the tilebased map could be very useful for many people.

Oh, and dont worry. It will still propably take long long time before i wil lmake those video tutorials since I will first want to buy camtasia studio or find another screenrecorder with that zooming ability before i want to start making those and since i have currently pretty much no other but fun reason for making them, its not on top of my list to buy camtasia (about 300 Euros). Plus i would first make couple of general programming tutorials for hollywood to continue the one video i made anyway.
jalih

Post by jalih »

Ok, I just got started writing my first simple 2d-game tutorial...

Some topics to be covered:

- a basic 2d-game template
- game timing (delta timing)
- handling input
- animating sprites and stuff
- adding sounds to game events
- simple collision detection
- adding enemies
- simple AI using state tables
sesco

Post by sesco »

jalih wrote:Hello,

I might try to write some simple Hollywood 2d-game tutorials, anyone interested?
much appreciated by a beginner like me so many thanks :D I'm hoping on exploring deeper with Hollywood this winter when I have more spare time
A1-X1000- I BELIEVE
jalih

Post by jalih »

sesco wrote:much appreciated by a beginner like me so many thanks :D I'm hoping on exploring deeper with Hollywood this winter when I have more spare time
Here are some simple demos with source for you to play with. :D
sesco

Post by sesco »

@ jalih

thanks again :mrgreen:
A1-X1000- I BELIEVE
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Not tutorials per se, but check out rl_funcs.lha on OS4Depot. You will find some useful functions in there and learn how to pass system messages correctly between windows and buttons and textfields so you can start creating meaningful applications.
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
amigadave

Post by amigadave »

Any and all Tutorials are appreciated by beginners like me. Please write as many of them as possible. I just installed my update 5 of Hollywood and I am looking forward to learning to program using Hollywood and Hollywood Designer on my MorphOS and OS4.1.5 computers. All tutorials and example code will be gladly downloaded and studied.

Thanks in advance for any work you do to provide tutorials, or example code that is well documented/commented.

AmigaDave
OS4.1.5 on X1000 & MorphOS3.0 beta on G4 PowerBook, plus many more Amiga & Amiga-Like systems