Video player speed...

Discuss any general programming issues here
NubeCheCorre

Re: Video player speed...

Post by NubeCheCorre »

mm.. that's sound strange to me, has i know that DVPlayer use overlay under OS4 so there must be a trick somewhere.. as prove of this, if you run DVPlayer and try to grab the screen, you'll get a black screen as the overlay is in action.. to grab a screenshot of DVPlayer in action you have to disable the Overlay option and then you can grab the screen..

maybe try to ask to Stephen Fellner about that :-)
NubeCheCorre

Post by NubeCheCorre »

ok, reading better your answer, i suggest you to check the sdk and ask to Fellner or to Massimiliano Tretene (Acube-Systems) as P96 has the overlay plus other new speed up done by M3X about function like writepixelarray() .. Please have a look as Hollywood can gain more speed and so even the apps :-)
lazi

Post by lazi »

NubeCheCorre wrote:ok, reading better your answer, i suggest you to check the sdk and ask to Fellner or to Massimiliano Tretene (Acube-Systems) as P96 has the overlay plus other new speed up done by M3X about function like writepixelarray() .. Please have a look as Hollywood can gain more speed and so even the apps :-)
The gfx api of OS4 and maybe p96 will have major changes in the near future according to news/rumors. I think we could wait that point instead of waste time for inventing workarounds to the current system.
Andreas didn't stated (if I understand) that p96 has no overlay support, just doesn't fit well to his needs.

The overlay feature is good, however the fact that it is limited to one instance makes it problematic. You can't guarantee it is ready to be use for your program.

Bye!