Simple effect and maybe a bug ?

Discuss any general programming issues here
pecaN

Simple effect and maybe a bug ?

Post by pecaN »

Hi all, don'y know what this could be good for, just an idea that came into my mind... it's only a template so you can use it as you wish... so try to execute it with Hollywood and watch and enjoy :-) ...

@DISPLAY {Sizeable=FALSE,Width = 364, Height = 236, Title = " "}
TextOut(#center,#center,"PRESS LEFT MOUSE BUTTON\nTO SEE A SIMPLE EFFECT")
WaitLEftMOuse
a$ = " Simple scrolling window title text"
for cycle = 1 to 32
a$ = UnrightStr(a$,1)
Wait(3)
SetDisplayAttributes({Title = a$})
next
WaitLeftMouse
End

So, it works good for the first time! but when i execute it repeatedly with Hollywood4.7, there is something strange. The window title should be empty at start (see line 1 and the DISPLAy command where Title = " " ).. but when started repeatedly then there is a text in the window title at the start! this happens when executing a script and also when compiled and executed as standalone programme... so is it a bug ? pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Simple effect and maybe a bug ?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

On what OS's did you try this? Does it only happen on one specific OS or on multiple ones?
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

@ Andreas : sorry I forgot to mention it... i only tested it under MorphOS 1.4.5... maybe other coders can tell if this happens also on os4 and AROS... pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Tested it on MorphOS 2.7 and it's working fine. Maybe it's a bug in 1.4? I don't have a 1.4 system anymore so I can't test it there.
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

In Windows it works right too.
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Hi all, thx for your replies :-)

Well, tested it under MOS2.5 it also works ok with no errors but now the scrolling text does not work exactly as it shoukd :-) the text should scroll from the very right of the window title (that's why there are so many spaces in the string :-)) but under MOS2.5 it starts from the center :-) under 1.4,5 it works right - starts from the very right side of the window title :-) but never mind, just an example that Hollywood may work a bit different under different systems :-) pecaN
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

yes, in Win the text is in the middel of the window too.
airsoftsoftwair

Hollywood doesn't have any influence on whether the window's title appears centered or left-aligned. I think this is defined by the currently used skin/theme.
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

O- OH !!!!

Somewhere wrong happened when posting sourcecode !!! That's why it is not working as it should !!
it should be a$=" Simple scrolling window title text" !!!! There are 32 spaces and then the text in the string a$ !!! but now i see that there is only one space here... :-)

so a$ is used as title of the window...it's too long for the title so only spaces are seen at the start nut then the cycle (for cycle = 1 to 32...) deletes spaces one by one so there is an effect of scrolling :-) so try to correct the line :

a$=" Simple scrolling window title text" ( 32 spaces here!!)

and it sholud work :-)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I tested it under Windos version and the problem is as the html/javascript problems the spaces int he cycle instead 32 you put 35 it works fine:
For cycle = 1 To 35
The phrase has 35 characters included the spaces