Can I play MP4 video?

Discuss any general programming issues here
Bugala

Can I play MP4 video?

Post by Bugala »

As I am running out of time, I am asking already before looking.

Can I play MP4 videos on Hollywood, since just moment ago it complained "not recognized as video stream"?
ocean77

Re: Can I play MP4 video?

Post by ocean77 »

I'm afraid I am unable to assist, which is of no use to you.
But i wanted to chime in on this thread since I too can't get video playback to function.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Yes, you can play MP4. You just need the avcodec plugin and it will work.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Bugala wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:01 pm As I am running out of time, I am asking already before looking.

Can I play MP4 videos on Hollywood, since just moment ago it complained "not recognized as video stream"?
You have think for which system you can play the video and the width and height size, because it can show the video slow or very slow for example with a sam440ep to 600 Mhz, you can test the video with V.A.M.P., for example for MorphOS and AmigaOS4 I use the wmv because the Hollywood plugin decode more fast this format than mp4.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

thanks for reply. You actually accidentally went on to answer one unasked question of mine, which was that I was wondering if WMV format works on Amigas at all.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Bugala wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:18 pm thanks for reply. You actually accidentally went on to answer one unasked question of mine, which was that I was wondering if WMV format works on Amigas at all.
I could test under MorphOS and AmigaOS4, the video in wmv with the codec compression 9 also it works, but the problem is the video size and cpu speed, Hollywood needs much cpu to show videos.
Under AmigaOS 3.x it is impossible I think that only it will can show with the old cinepack codec and size little, but is impossible to find a modern video converter that supports this old code.

Also is good speak about this, because a game with one intro video is fantastic, but the problem is which video format works best in Amiga systems.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

In this particular case I dont need to worry of Classic Amigas as the game itself is heavy enough that I am actually worried if it works even in modern Amigas, since even my PC (which is pretty old and low end), has problem running it. So basically, as long as machine is able to run the game, I dont think playing the video is not going to be a problem from power point of view.