iOS Hollywood Player

Discuss any general programming issues here
airsoftsoftwair

Re: iOS Hollywood Player

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

DieterG wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:38 pm Is this a way which is possible for you ?
I'm sorry but that's not possible, technically and legally. To upload iOS apps to devices and the app store you definitely need a Mac because those apps have to be codesigned and this can only be done with your private certificates and Apple's Xcode toolchain.
amyren

Post by amyren »

There is no Hollywood player then for iOS?

I was searching for it, since it is still is listed at the Features page:
"Android and iOS support via the freely available Hollywood Player"
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:25 pm There is no Hollywood player then for iOS?

I was searching for it, since it is still is listed at the Features page:
"Android and iOS support via the freely available Hollywood Player"
Yeah, the Hollywood Player for iOS exists but it's impossible to distribute it because it won't be allowed on the App Store. However, I think there are some new regulations in the EU that force Apple to allow installing apps from outside the App Store. As soon as this is possible, I'll put up the Hollywood Player for iOS for download.
amyren

Post by amyren »

According to this article https://www.sportskeeda.com/gaming-tech ... -app-store companies have until march 24 to adapt to the law.

"While the Digital Markets Act was signed into law in September 2022, companies have until March 2024 to comply with the rules, giving Apple ample time to prepare for the massive transition."