Some JPEG pictures don't work...

Discuss any general programming issues here
pecaN

Re: Some JPEG pictures don't work...

Post by pecaN »

Well I think I've found what's the problem... those JPEGs which don't work are PROGRESSIVE JPEGs!! When I load a progressive jpeg in uPaint and save it as non-progressive now it works perfectly with Hollywood6 on Windows!
jPV

Post by jPV »

pecaN wrote:Anyway maybe the problem is that all the pics that don't work are photos taken by mobile phones - either with my Sony XPERIA E104 or with another phones of my friends so maybe they save the images in some strange format??
I don't think they're in that strange format, because they did show up just fine in several MorphOS and Amiga programs. I tried with Multiview, ShowGirls, Mysticview, FXPaint2, PPaint, and even Visage under E-UAE :)
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Yes, as I've posted above, it'S now clear that Hollywood6 seems not to be able to load progressive jpegs on Windows...

quote="jPV"]
pecaN wrote:Anyway maybe the problem is that all the pics that don't work are photos taken by mobile phones - either with my Sony XPERIA E104 or with another phones of my friends so maybe they save the images in some strange format??
I don't think they're in that strange format, because they did show up just fine in several MorphOS and Amiga programs. I tried with Multiview, ShowGirls, Mysticview, FXPaint2, PPaint, and even Visage under E-UAE :)[/quote]
jPV

Post by jPV »

Sorry, somehow missed the second page of the thread. But I now also tried the pics and code under Hollywood7/Win10/64bit and it worked fine there too. I'll let Andreas continue from here :)
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, if it works with Hollywood 7.0 then there's no issue for me here :)

Looking at the history, I can see that there were some bugfixes concerning JPEGs on Windows in Hollywood 7.0:

Code: Select all

- Fix [Win32]: Certain JPEGs couldn't be loaded if the script, applet or program was stored
  on Windows' C:\ drive on Vista and up (reported by Paul Bloedel)
Maybe it's related to this problem...
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Yes, that's it :-( :-(

I must say again and again : there are many things in the world that I don't understand, and most of them are connected with Windows... :-( :-( Of course that you are right, when my proggy is stored on C: it doesn't work... and as I have no other partitions on my hrdddrive, I just copied to a flash disk and voila, now everything works ok wit all the jpegs... :-( :-(

In such moments i do FULLY realise how MUCH I miss my beloved Amiga with Workbench and MorphOS/Ambient...

never mind, I will overcome this and once more thank to you guys for your kind help and effort !!! pecaN

airsoftsoftwair wrote:Well, if it works with Hollywood 7.0 then there's no issue for me here :)

Looking at the history, I can see that there were some bugfixes concerning JPEGs on Windows in Hollywood 7.0:

Code: Select all

- Fix [Win32]: Certain JPEGs couldn't be loaded if the script, applet or program was stored
  on Windows' C:\ drive on Vista and up (reported by Paul Bloedel)
Maybe it's related to this problem...
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

pecaN wrote:never mind, I will overcome this and once more thank to you guys for your kind help and effort !!!
Well, the easiest way of overcoming this is probably upgrading to Hollywood 7.0! #justsayin :mrgreen: