Menues and OnRightMouse event

Discuss any general programming issues here
ilbarbax

Menues and OnRightMouse event

Post by ilbarbax »

If you link a menu to your display, then it seems that you can handle the event OnRightMouseUp/Down any more, because the menu overcome it.
I need both at the same time, therefore I can't disable menu for a certain time.
There is a way to handle this?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Menues and OnRightMouse event

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Currently not. When menus are installed, they hijack the right mouse button event. I'll check if there is a way to support both, right mouse button events and menus.
airsoftsoftwair

Alright, this is fixed now. Thanks for reporting!
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

Excellent awaiting for next release
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Just today I'm working on a workaround to solve that issue and noticed that disabling the menu handler wasnt enough to solve the issue...
I tryed to set to "0" the system menu event handler to disable the menu and preserve double toolbar icon function and than reactivate it after the mouse was out of the toolbar on LoView but weirdly the menu was still here also if not working...the problem wasnt here if I disable the menu and than go fullscreen...
The fix will solve also that?
Any ETA?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Ok forgive me...
I completely miss tha "-1" value to pass to the Menu attribute in the dsplay table...However I dont get why if I disable the Menu handler the display will still have it attached...wasnt redundant to have to disable the handler and also the menu strip from the display?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

I don't quite understand what you mean. If you're talking about InstallEventHandler() and SetDisplayAttributes(): No, it's not redundant. InstallEventHandler() installs the event handler and SetDisplayAttributes() sets up the menu. Most likely you need both but it's not redundant... you can have a menu without an event handler if you want :)