CreateClipRegion / SetClipRegion / SetLayerStyle Bug?

Discuss any general programming issues here
nexus

CreateClipRegion / SetClipRegion / SetLayerStyle Bug?

Post by nexus »

In Hollywood 7, layers enabled (currently only tested with linux):

When trying to display an image (PNG or SVG) within a clip region, I have been running into the following issue:

1) When creating a clip region & applying the region with SetClipRegion & then displaying the Image: works fine
2) When creating a clip region & applying the region with SetClipRegion & then displaying the Image with {ScaleX=2, ScaleY=2}
in SetLayerStyle() as argument for the image layer:
The image layer is not correctly clipped & everthing outside the clipregion is completely shown, too.
I experimented with adding in addition "clipregion=<clip-region-id>" in the SetLayerStyle-table, but no luck.

When first hiddenly displaying an image ("hidden=True"), then creating & applying a clip region, then changing the image-coordinates via SetLayerStyle + "hidden=False", has the same Problem. Though, it seems within the clipregion, it is shown correctly (I have some fading effects in that region).

I'd love to give a concrete example, however, i am running out of time for a presentation and hence, just wanted to know if this is a known issue or if it is more likely that I am doing something wrong. :)

Anyway, my current work around: Scale the image by external tools in beforehand & then display the image unscaled => works.

Cheers,
Tom.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: CreateClipRegion / SetClipRegion / SetLayerStyle Bug?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sounds like a bug to me but please provide an example and I'll check.