Hollywood 7: Eternity out now!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood 7: Eternity out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

peceha wrote:On the classic amiga (at least mine, wb3.1) when the installer asks for the key file I point to the one provided via email and... the key is being rejected with the message that most likely it is for older version - the only way to continue is to abort installation and copy the file manually. After this HW7 works fine so it seems there is a problem with installer.
Hmm, maybe it is a problem with the WB 3.1 installer. I only tested the 3.9 installer and that works fine. Have you tested it with 3.9 as well?
peceha

Post by peceha »

Sorry but I only have wb3.1
When I find some time I'll install it one more time (will make clean install now because what I did last time was an "update" over HW6.1)
Bohun

Post by Bohun »

Does "Full Unicode support" mean I could use international (f.e. polish ISO-8859-2) characters in strings and text functions and display them correctly on the screen?
airsoftsoftwair

Yes, of course. It also supports advanced Unicode stuff like Unicode-capable conversion to upper/lower case, sorting with Unicode collation and more...
TheMartian

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

I have just installed HW7 on my X1000. I can see that there are new versions of some plugins and extras like the APK compiler etc. What concerns me is that all programs with GL Galore fails to work. There seems to be an issue with opening screens.

If I run a program like 'Simple' from the GUI in windowed mode, I get an error dialog - Unable to open window.

If I run it as full screen I get a Guru Meditation 80000003.

If I build and run my own GL programs, using Codebench 0.42, where the display is defined as Mode='FullScreen', the build windows reports 'Error: Unable to open window'.

I have located the plugin glgalore.hwp file in the location of the Hollywood.exe and Hollywood.sys files.

The programs work in HW 6.1.

Other types of program I have tested, that do not use GL Galore, works well.

So the question is... Is HW7 expected to work with GL Galore version 1.0 (03.06.2015)?

regards
Jesper
airsoftsoftwair

TheMartian wrote:So the question is... Is HW7 expected to work with GL Galore version 1.0 (03.06.2015)?
Sure, it is. I've just tested it here on my Peg2 and GL Galore is working fine with Hollywood 7. I'm still running OS4.1 FE without the latest update, though. No idea if that could be the cause?

I have an X1000 here too but the graphics board isn't MiniGL-compatible so I can't do any tests on the X1000. Are you sure that it isn't something else that causes GL Galore to crash? I don't see why 7.0 should behave differently than 6.1 here. Have you tried 6.1 and 7.0 on *exactly* the same system configuration?
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

I just got HW7 and tried to use Unicode

I took UnicodeDemo.hws and added a line:
https://butterblume.asuscomm.com/AICLOU ... Source.png

And this is the result when run:
https://butterblume.asuscomm.com/AICLOU ... Result.png

Not only binding between letters doesn't work - a phenomen I know from Odyssey web browser on MOS, but also letters and words are shown in the false direction.
It's like showing "! D L R O W O L L E H" instead of "Hello World !" .

It seem's, HW has Problems to display correctly Arabic text !

This however works:
https://butterblume.asuscomm.com/AICLOU ... equest.png

So I assume that RapaGUI will work too (but won't help me with Android Apps..)
airsoftsoftwair

Yes, the internal text renderer only supports traditional left to right layouts. However, whenever you interface with the host operating system you can use all layouts you want, e.g. also with RapaGUI (but you need to wait for RapaGUI 1.1 which will be released in a few days; RapaGUI 1.0 doesn't support Unicode). If you really need to draw Arabic text, you can just write it into an SVG and then load this as a vector brush.
TheMartian

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

It could well be, that the latest graphics driver and the recent FE update has something to do with my problem, as you suggest. I deleted the existing installation of Hollywood completely and reinstalled it, and I continue to have the error described on my X1000.

I also dug up my old SAMep440ep and installed HW7. It is running OX 4.1 Update 6. It has not been updated with the newest commercial graphics drivers. And on that machine I have no problems running GLGalore.

So if someone can confirm, that HW7 does indeed run with the latest OS and gfx driver and enhancer software on a X1000, I would appreciate it very much. Then it would be time for a little bit of 'spring time cleaning as in reinstallation' of the machine. Still I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

By the way - and possibly related - One of the oldies games commercially available ('Battle Squadron') stopped working, after i installed the latest update of graphics drivers and enhancer software and only started working again after i set an optional flag to use: HDR_FIX=2 : force big endian.

So somewhere something did change in the inner workings of the driver.

regards
Jesper
p-OS

Post by p-OS »

Using SVG for displaying text with non-european writing systems seems not to work either -.-

This is my SVG-File text3.svg (in the end I wanted to create a VirtualFileFromString with a dynamically built string...) :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
	width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 100 50"
	direction="rtl" xml:lang="ar">
	<text x="1" y="5"  font-size="6">مرحبا العالم</text>
</svg>
This my Hollywood Code :

Code: Select all

@REQUIRE "svgimage"
@DISPLAY {Width=400, Height=100, Color=#WHITE}
mytext=LoadBrush(Nil, "text3.svg",{ScaleWidth=400,ScaleHeight=200})
DisplayBrush (mytext,10,10)
WaitLeftMouse
This however the result :

https://butterblume.asuscomm.com/AICLOU ... Result.png

As you can see, text is written from right to left now, but still not the correct letters (no binding, standalone versions of the letters inestead the ones to be used in words)