What's the meaning of package

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
zylesea

What's the meaning of package

Post by zylesea »

Just went through the installation marathon of the apk compiler and the required packages. Seems to work, but there are two issues:
1st I don't understand the meaning of the information that has to be provided under the package item - what is it actually used for?
2nd - .hwas gets successfully compiled and i can install the resulting .apks to my tablet, but if I try to run it, it just terminates ("xyz wurde beendet"). The same .hwas run under the hollywood player on the device. I guess I have to retrieve usb debug information, but somehow this does not work (yet) - sdk manager says the google driver would be installed and windows itself sees the nexus, too. But "adb.exe devices" just gives an empty return list - will have to investigate further why this is the case...
zylesea

Re: What's the meaning of package

Post by zylesea »

Got the debugging working now. Haven't read and understood everything of the debug output, but at least these lines alerted me:

--------- beginning of crash
E/AndroidRuntime( 5313): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 5313): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dalvik.system.PathClass
Loader[DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/de.hethis.syn-1/base.apk"],nativeLibrary
Directories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]] couldn't find "libhollywoodplayer.so"
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The package name is used internally by Android, I don't know exactly for what but it's absolutely necessary and you have to set it to a unique name. Maybe use Google to find out what Android uses this for...

Concerning the error that you get, can you send me the APK (or upload it somewhere) you compiled so I can have a look what's wrong there?
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

The resulting apk is here: hethis.de/files/HIW-release.apk
As the apk size is small and the error code says something like the libhollywoodplayer.so is not found I guess the hollywood engine was not bound to that apk, but it's rather the pure hwa packed into an apk container.

NDK is in a spaceless location C:Hollywood/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r12b
Cygwin64 is C root directory
JDK is in Programme/Java/jdk1.8.0_101

All installed to a 100% fresh Windows 7 SP1 setup (a new (used) machine dedicaded exclusively to the apk compiler).

During installation i recognized two minor differences to your installation guide:
1st: path to the Android sdk
The picture in the guide says ..\android\android-sdk while current sdk doesnt have a drawer of that name but ..\android\sdk
Doesn't sound like an issue to me, but is a minor differrence.

2nd SDK Manager Samples for SDK
In the picture of the guide there is "Samples for SDK" ticked as installed under Android 2.3.3, this position is missing in current sdk (also not listed as obsolete (as google API is), but i also guess this is not an issue.

Everything else I did as written in the installation guide - if I didn't made a mistake or have overseen some configuration things.

Googling the error message suggests some variables are wrong, but I don't know which one to set - and as a rather windows amateur i am not too familiar with dealing with Windows internals.
airsoftsoftwair

zylesea wrote:The resulting apk is here: hethis.de/files/HIW-release.apk
Yes, this is definitely missing the Hollywood Player so it can't run. There must be a build error. Can you paste the build log, i.e. all output that is printed to the console window when you click on "Compile"?
During installation i recognized two minor differences to your installation guide:
1st: path to the Android sdk
The picture in the guide says ..\android\android-sdk while current sdk doesnt have a drawer of that name but ..\android\sdk
Doesn't sound like an issue to me, but is a minor differrence.

2nd SDK Manager Samples for SDK
In the picture of the guide there is "Samples for SDK" ticked as installed under Android 2.3.3, this position is missing in current sdk (also not listed as obsolete (as google API is), but i also guess this is not an issue.
Well, the problem is that Google changes this all the time so it's very hard to keep this always up to date. These changes are too insignificant to warrant an update, though.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Eventually solved the issue!

Here are the details:

The build log straightly starts with an error, the ndk is not found:

Code: Select all

Android NDK: : Cannot find module with tag 'cxx-stl/system' in import path
Android NDK: Are you sure your NDK_MODULE_PATH variable is properly defined ?

Android NDK: The following directories were searched:
Android NDK:
/cygdrive/c/Hollywood/AndroidNDK/android-ndk-r12b/build/core/setup-toolchain.mk:
168: *** Android NDK: Aborting.    .  Schluss.
Buildfile: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\hol89AB.tmp\build.xml  
The rest of the log does not seem to contain any more errors.
The not found cxx-stl/system is not present in C\Hollywood\AndroidNDK\android-ndk-r12b\sources\cxx-stl\
Hence, I decided to download an older ndk (11c). And with that it works.

Final result: Happy me :-)
airsoftsoftwair

Good to hear, though it's still a pain in the a** to see that the NDK seems to change so much lately. I still remember that when I did the APK Compiler in January 2016 the latest NDK was really pretty much the same as the NDK from May 2012 (!), almost 4 years ago! But of course now that I've released something that needs to collaborate with the NDK there seem to be massive changes every few months, meaning that I have to update and adapt APK Compiler all the time. That's really annoying, especially considering the fact that there were hardly any changes between 2012 and 2016 :/