Customising Notepad ++

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
ilbarbax

Customising Notepad ++

Post by ilbarbax »

Hi
Under windows I'm starting using Notepad ++ mainly for the power in doing search and replace and some other hundred of functionalities.

Is there already someone who defined the Hollywood language for it?

Or

There is quick way to get the list of the commands (key words) to transfer them into Notepad++

thanks
Allanon

Re: Customising Notepad ++

Post by Allanon »

Hello :)
-exportcommands file:
This argument can be used to export a list of available commands into the specified file. The list of available commands will be sorted by libraries. Inside the library sections the lists will be unsorted. Only native Hollywood commands are exported. Commands installed by plugins will not be listed here. You can get these by using the ‘-exportplugins’ argument. This option is probably not of much use for normal users but it can be helpful for authors of IDEs who would like to integrate Hollywood into their programming environment.
-exportconstants file:
This argument can be used to export a list of available constants into the specified file. The list of available constants will be entirely unsorted. Only native Hollywood constants are exported. Constants installed by plugins will not be listed here. You can get these by using the ‘-exportplugins’ argument. This option is probably not of much use for normal users but it can be helpful for authors of IDEs who would like to integrate Hollywood into their programming environment.
-exportplugins file:
This argument can be used to export a list of available plugins into the specified file. If a plugin exports commands and/or constants, these will also be appended to the export file. This option is probably not of much use for normal users but it can be helpful for authors of IDEs who would like to integrate Hollywood into their programming environment.
-exportpreprocs file:
This argument can be used to export a list of all preprocessor commands supported by Hollywood into the specified file. The list will be entirely unsorted and the individual preprocessor commands won't contain the at prefix. This option is probably not of much use for normal users but it can be helpful for authors of IDEs who would like to integrate Hollywood into their programming environment.
http://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html/ ... Usage.html
;)
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

Thanks it works. Now reading is definitely easier
midwan

Post by midwan »

Did you create a custom language file for Notepad++?

If so, would you mind sharing it here? It would be nice to avoid doing the same thing again and again every time someone else wants to use it... :)
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

Yes I did but it was just the minimum and now not updated to 6.1
Send me an e-mail at sb5@libero.it and I can share what I did, but do not expect much.

ciao
msu

Post by msu »

@midwan:
See there in the German forum: http://www.amiga-works.de/forum2/viewto ... =38&t=3497
midwan

Post by midwan »

Thank you for the link! :)
I was also testing UltraEdit, but personally I prefer Notepad++ as the programmer's editor of choice.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@msu: Nice job, is this a complete Hollywood extension for Notepad++? Then I could make it available for download on the Hollywood portal, next to the addons for UltraEdit and CubicIDE. I don't use Notepad++ so I don't know how complete your extension is.
midwan

Post by midwan »

From what I saw, it's basically the same as the UltraEdit wordlist (i.e. it has syntax highlighting, coloring, etc).
As in UltraEdit, you'll have to manually add an entry in the menu to run your scripts from within the editor, if you wish.

Combined with the superior text editing functionality these editors offer, I find that I don't really miss the original Windows IDE at all. :)

If only we could have context-sensitive help for the keywords, as we do for the standard IDE... :D
msu

Post by msu »

If only we could have context-sensitive help for the keywords, as we do for the standard IDE... :D
That goes with Notpad++. Andreas has already received my new addon. When he puts it online I do not know.