Three years after the release of Hollywood 5 Airsoft Softwair is proud to announce the immediate availability of Hollywood 6: Epiphany
. Hollywood 6 is a massive update
with a myriad of new functions. The most important new feature is the complete abstraction of the core components display, audio and DOS
. These can now be completely replaced by plugins which opens up totally new possibilities. For example, it is possible to replace Hollywood's inbuilt display driver with a custom implementation now. A plugin, which uses this new interface to make OpenGL available to Hollywood, will be released shortly.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 6:
- Complete abstraction of the display, audio and DOS core components
- Support for multiple monitors
- Support for OS-native menu bars
- ARM-Linux is now supported (e.g. for the Raspberry Pi
- Stand-alone versions of Hollywood for Linux and Mac OS X are now included
- Videos can be used as normal Hollywood layers now including all effects and filters
- Hardware-accelerated video playback
on AmigaOS 4 with the new RadeonHD driver
- Full AmiDock support
including animated dockies and context menus
- AHI driver completely rewritten: it no longer blocks the audio of other applications
- Hollywood's IO implementation is ready for streaming
- Script execution on AmigaOS is significantly faster now
- Support for multiple Xservers on Linux
- Massive extension of the plugin interface
: its size has doubled!
- Support for HTTP upload and authentification
- Inbuilt vectorgraphics renderer for perfectly smooth antialiased shapes
- 300kb of new documentation
- New example scripts
- Standard library set encompasses almost 700 functions
- Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
Hollywood 6: Epiphany is the ultimate Multimedia experience
and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on a CD-ROM and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood builds for all supported platforms. If you order the download version, you will have to download an ISO image which you need to burn on CD-R then. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge
between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android platform. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms
including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows, Mac OS X (x86 & PPC), and Linux (x86 & PPC & ARM). You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible.
If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal
which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution
and get your personal copy of Hollywood 6: Epiphany now because life begins at 6.0!