Open Fonts under Windows 7

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Open Fonts under Windows 7

Post by Juan Carlos »

I use for my current proyect the font "Chinese Takeaway" include the space, but I saw a problem with Windows 7 it add the word " Normal" and now the result is this "Chinese Takeaway Normal" with @FONT I write the sentence: @FONT 3, "Chinese Takeaway Normal.font", 18 the IDE uses the font correctly but making the executable the IDE can'ts because no finds the font I wrote: @FONT 3, "Chinese Takeaway.font", 18 but neither it mades the executable I think that the problem is because Windows 7 add the word " Normal" to all fonts and the IDE can'ts handle this problem.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Open Fonts under Windows 7

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Does it generally not work in Hollywood or only if you want to link the font into an executable?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas wrote:Does it generally not work in Hollywood or only if you want to link the font into an executable?
I want link into the executable, for example with Amiga fonts there isn't this problem, I think that the problem is because Windows 7 add the Normal to differentiate the normal fonts of special fonts with special letters for example chinesse and in all fonts with european letters it show them with this " Normal" but the IDE doesn't link for this extra word in the fonts although I can use them testing the proyect.
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, so it's a Chinese font. Hollywood might not be able to handle these at the moment because there is no full Unicode support at this time. Workaround: Specify the *.ttf file directly in @FONT using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT:

See here: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html/ ... tFONT.html
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas wrote:Ok, so it's a Chinese font. Hollywood might not be able to handle these at the moment because there is no full Unicode support at this time. Workaround: Specify the *.ttf file directly in @FONT using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT:

See here: http://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html/ ... tFONT.html
No it isn't a Chinesse font it is a font with Chinesse look but with occidental characters.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Well, I test the same font installed under AmigaOS3 and the IDE makes the executables with the fonts without problems, embeded the font perfectly under OS3, the problem under Windows is as I told you for the extra word " Normal" in the fonts.
airsoftsoftwair

I've tried this here and it seems to be a strange font because even Microsoft Word can't handle it correctly so it's probably broken. However, I managed to get it to work with Hollywood by using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT. The following code works fine here - both, from the IDE and also when compiled:

Code: Select all

@FONT 1, "Chinese Takeaway", 76, {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT}

UseFont(1)
NPrint("Hello World")
WaitLeftMouse
End
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas wrote:I've tried this here and it seems to be a strange font because even Microsoft Word can't handle it correctly so it's probably broken. However, I managed to get it to work with Hollywood by using #FONTENGINE_INBUILT. The following code works fine here - both, from the IDE and also when compiled:

Code: Select all

@FONT 1, "Chinese Takeaway", 76, {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT}

UseFont(1)
NPrint("Hello World")
WaitLeftMouse
End
Thanks Andreas, now the font is embeded under Windows, also I tested the font under my OS4 and here the font has the normal name "Chinese Takeaway" and it also is embeded in the executable, (I can't to do more test under OS4 because my Sam460ex now is K.O.), the problem is under Windows 7 but with your solution , {Engine = #FONTENGINE_INBUILT} the problem is solved, thanks Andreas.