MUI Royale 1.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
djrikki

Re: MUI Royale 1.0 released

Post by djrikki »

Ha the Songplayer which is only an 'example' of what MUI Royale can do is currently the best audio player available for AmigaOS!!! (aside from the most recent version of AmigaAmp that has only just got the M4A treatment)

With a little bit of work this alone would be a great little app to have!
Evolve - Rapid GUI Development tool for MUI Royale and RapaGUI
http://myevolve.wordpress.com
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Having said that... I find it deeply flawed the way Hollywood handles AHI, whether this is a fault in Hollywood itself or AHI I do not know.. take the following example:

I have Jack running all the time, if I go into Configuration and select an audio Chime it works. If then compile/run Songplayer, select a song, it plays. If I then close Songplayer and go back to Jack and replay an audio Chime it no longer works until I restart Jack.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Similar sort of situation with the Video Player, with Jack running (even if I haven't previously opened a video) the VideoPlayer example refuses to work until I quit Jack first.

PS. As much as I love the video support I still hate the fact they run deathly slow... I hope those concerned hurry along with the Gallium support.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Andreas,

Throughout your examples you mention various <tags> and <tag attributes> in your XML Structures.

However, where can I find the documentation to build these XML Files. Is there are a comprehensives list of <tags> that are supported? Where do I look?
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Great news!
Thank you Andreas :D
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@djrikki:
Normally, the XML tags are identical to the class name, e.g. <gauge>, <button>, <listview>, <cycle> etc. There are some exceptions, though. These are mentioned in the overview chapter for each class then.

Concerning the AHI problem: It's a limitation of AHI. It is not able to handle more than one application using its library interface. On MorphOS there is a specific driver which works around this issue. I might drop the library interface in the future and go with the device interface which doesn't have this limitation but this would be quite a lot of work and it would also make some things slower or even unavailable.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

The news is fantastic :)

Just a question: the Amiga style menu is finally enabled ?
I try the "simple window" demo included into MUI Royale but right click do nothing :roll:
airsoftsoftwair

Sure, menus are possible now.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Andreas wrote:Sure, menus are possible now.
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation !
And last curiosity, the sticky option for the menus (in OS4) are also supported with MUI Royale in the event users select this option from the GUI/Prefs ? 8-)
airsoftsoftwair

Don't know about that feature. If MUI supports it though, then it should work with MUI Royale as well.