Hollywood Designer 4.0 out now!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood Designer 4.0 out now!

Post by admin »

After 18 months of intense development, Airsoft Softwair is very proud to announce the immediate availability of the long awaited fourth incarnation of our famous Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer 4.0 is a multimedia authoring system that runs on top of Hollywood and can be used to create all sorts of multimedia based applications; for example presentations, slide shows, simple games, and programs. Thanks to Hollywood, all multimedia applications created using Hollywood Designer can be exported as stand-alone executables for the following systems: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86), Mac OS X (PPC & x86) and Linux (PPC & x86). This is a feature that is totally unique in the Amiga world.

Hollywood Designer 4.0 is a huge update and has many new features and improvements over the previous version. We do not want to bore you, so here are just some of them:

* Ready for Hollywood 5.0: Infinity!
* Video clips can now be embedded in your projects
* Support for vector formats like SVG
* Over 25 filter effects for layers like blur, emboss, sharpen, gamma correction...
* Support for real, curve-based vector graphics
* Powerful improvements in the action events system: loops and conditions now possible!
* Multiple languages can be embedded in a single project
* Support for the Hollywood 5.0 plugin system: you can use all file formats that your Hollywood plugins support
* Support for password protected presentations
* Projects can use screen blanker pages
* Projects can now listen to keyboard events
* Cool new gradient types like conical, radial and multi-linear gradients
* Shadow and border now supported for every object type
* Much better looking drop shadows using alpha channel transparency
* Custom user color palette can now be defined
* Over 10 new action events (over 50 altogether!)
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes

Hollywood Designer is no longer limited to "just" being an authoring software, it can now also be used as a flexible graphics editor because it supports many features of modern graphics editors like multiple layers with filter effects, vector graphics, image import, and text.

Without a doubt, Hollywood Designer 4.0 is the definitive multimedia solution for all Amiga compatible platforms, but as a picture is worth a thousand words, we have made some screenshots of Hollywood Designer 4.0 running on MorphOS and AmigaOS 4 for you to see here.

Hollywood Designer 4.0 is a very stable and mature multimedia authoring system. We would like to emphasize that it is not only suited for personal use, but also for professional commercial customers. Ferrule Media, for instance, have created an info channel containing over 700 unique slides in a single project with Hollywood Designer. Hollywood Designer was designed to handle these huge projects efficiently so that they can run 24 hours a day and 7 days a week without any visible memory fragmentation!

Hollywood Designer 4.0 comes on a CD-ROM that contains versions for all supported platforms: There are native versions of the program for AmigaOS3 (m68k), WarpOS (ppc), MorphOS (ppc), and AmigaOS4 (ppc). A download version is also offered. If you order the download version, you will have to download an ISO image which you need to burn on CD-R then. If you order the CD-ROM version, you will get a nice digipak. If you already own a previous version of Hollywood Designer, you can buy a discounted upgrade version.

Please note that Hollywood Designer 4.0 runs on top of the Multimedia Application Layer Hollywood 5.0. Thus, Hollywood 5.0 is strictly required for Hollywood Designer 4.0. Both programs are available in a special bundle which is the ultimate package for every power Amiga user who wants to see what his system can do with Hollywood 5.0 & Hollywood Designer 4.0.

Power up your Amiga system with Hollywood 5.0 & Hollywood Designer 4.0 and order now!
tolkien

Re: Hollywood Designer 4.0 out now!

Post by tolkien »

Great! How it works under Amiga emulation?
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Wow, seems massive! Congrats! :-)
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Is necessary to have Hollywood to can use Designer? I would like to support this program but I have only the windows version of Hollywood. Can I use Designer under winuae without the Amiga version of Hollywood?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Designer generates *.hws scripts. So yes, it is possible to use Designer on WinUAE and then simply run the *.hws script generated by Designer using the Windows version of Hollywood.
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Thanks Andreas! Althought I am really only interesting in Hollywood I want to support this great program and the Amiga community.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

That's a good idea. Buying Hollywood Designer also supports future development of Hollywood!
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Ok then. I'll use a genuine Amiga software since a lot of time ago. I'm happy ;)
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Only one thing....It´s necessary to have Hollywood to can install Designer. The installer says I need Hollywood 5.

EDIT: I´m trying to install it manually...
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Designer starts but it says "Error creating application" and exits. I guess it needs Hollywood 5?