Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by admin »

After two years of development, Airsoft Softwair is proud to annouce the immediate availability of Hollywood 5: Infinity for AmigaOS and compatibles and Microsoft Windows. This is a massive update which boasts over 120 new functions in comparison to Hollywood 4.8 and brings along many new features and general improvements. Highlights include the ability to play video streams, full Internet and network support (you could even run a server with Hollywood now!), support for real vector graphics and vector image formats like SVG, hardware accelerated double-buffering, inbuilt synthesizer functions and much much more.

Hollywood 5: Infinity is undoubtedly the most advanced Amiga multimedia application and on Windows it is a fresh Indie alternative to bloated authoring systems that need tons of DLLs, memory, and hard-drive space. Hollywood is highly stable, extremely easy to use and flexible, and used by many creative people around the globe. A totally unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86 & PPC), and Linux (x86 & PPC).

Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in Hollywood 5:

* Video playback support
* Full Internet and network support
* Support for vector images like SVG
* Real vector graphics can now be used (Bézier curves etc)
* Tons of new image manipulating functions (blur, sharpen, gamma, oil paint...)
* Hardware accelerated double-buffering for 500% faster drawing
* Inbuilt synthesizer for generating sounds on-the-fly
* Many functions for brush distortion (perspective, arc, polar...)
* New requester functions (font, color, lister...)
* Hollywood can now compile for PowerPC Linux too!
* Many new functions for dealing with samples
* Great improvements to the layers system
* Real drop shadow and border support for layers
* Over 20 image filters that can be applied to layers
* Hardware accelerated image transformations
* Real time calculated effects for layers with filters
* New gradient types (radial, conical and multicolor)
* IPC functions for talking to other programs
* Platform independent localization support
* FPU support for 68k Amigas (improves speed dramatically also on WinUAE!)
* Platform independent pattern matching
* Many new utility functions (MD5 checksum, string functions etc.)
* Cross-platform public plugin interface for 3rd party extensions
* More than 500kb of new documentation
* Manual is also available as a professionally typeset PDF now (over 700 pages!)
* 14 new example scripts (over 80 in total)
* Standard library set encompasses over 600 functions now!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes

Hollywood 5: Infinity is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on a CD-ROM and as a download version for AmigaOS compatible systems and for Microsoft Windows. The CD-ROM version is delivered in a nice Digipak (photo). If you order the download version, you will have to download an ISO image which you need to burn on CD-R then. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. Customers, who have bought Hollywood 4.8 after January 1st, 2012, can apply for a free upgrade. Screenshots of Hollywood 5 are available on the Airsoft Softwair homepage.

Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux! With Hollywood, you can save programs for all those platforms. You do not have to own AmigaOS4 or AROS, you can save programs for these platforms also from your AmigaOS3 installation! You do not need to have Mac OS X, you can still compile your programs for it using your AmigaOS or MorphOS installation. Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal at http://www.hollywood-mal.com/ which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood or the Airsoft Softwair homepage

All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 5: Infinity now!
Tuxedo

Re: Hollywood 5: Infinity out now!

Post by Tuxedo »

bought!

That time I'm first ? :)

EDIT: since I'm ordered the digital download version for speed reasons, Can I get the CD version adding something for delivering?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Gotcha!

Great, thanks a lot!
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Is there support for OggVorbis or some other completely free music system to replace Mp3:s?
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

I buy it ;-)

I just wait email and i test that ;-)
Trenatos

Post by Trenatos »

This is absolutely awesome. Buying shortly!

I was wondering, seeing as Hollywood supports deployment on AOS 3.x, is there a list of functions one should be aware to stay away from when developing for it?
(Best Practices Guide for developing for Amiga Classic?)
I mean, streaming video on my A1200@020 seems a bit ambitious, even though it's now available.

I've been waiting mainly for networking so this is excellent, definitely buying shortly.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Now I buy and pay the version for AmigaOS and Windos, I'll hope soon have both versions and correct some problems with my Sirena Player.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@Tuxedo:
You were first this time. Contact me if you want CD versions.

@Bugala:
Ogg Vorbis support will come soon in form of a plugin.

@Trenatos:
Streaming video works fine on WinUAE at least. On real classics it is of course too slow.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Wow, I was so disappointed that I didnt see Android support in the list, and now im reading in the forum there actually is Android support (although through you). That was great news!

Oh yeah, how is it with android, does it work with both android tablets as well as andorid mobiles, or is it same way as in Apple world that Iphone and Ipad are different toeach other, hence only ipad works?
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

and...
How to code for that OSes? How to manage touchscreen?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.