CLONE PACMAN FACES THE DRAGON

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Bugala

Re: CLONE PACMAN FACES THE DRAGON

Post by Bugala »

@Juan Carlos

I just tested this game on my wifes Windows 7 machine and it worked fine, except that for some reason it goes real fast, fast enough that even after trying about 20 times, i couldnt complete it. I do have an idea where that speed up problem lies, and will check about it tomorrow. But otherwise it was working fine under windows 7.

Did it give you any error message?
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

Sorry...I have the same problem with both codes. Perhaps Templario can try it in his MOS setup :(
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Bugala wrote:@Juan Carlos

I just tested this game on my wifes Windows 7 machine and it worked fine, except that for some reason it goes real fast, fast enough that even after trying about 20 times, i couldnt complete it. I do have an idea where that speed up problem lies, and will check about it tomorrow. But otherwise it was working fine under windows 7.

Windows 7 no give a error message, only that the program left to run.
I'll test the MorphOS version too.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Bugala wrote:@Juan Carlos

Already I found the problem, your game needs a screen of 1920x1080, in MorphOS ask us and in my case as I haven't this screen size the game doesn't run but under Windows with this resolution crashed the program although it shows the game instructions.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

It must be something else on windows, since those instrcutions are already shown on that resolution, crash might have something to do with the plugin, which is strange since to my understanding that plugin was specifically created on windows first.

MorphOS seems like it might be a bug in Hollywood. I will report about it.
achild

Post by achild »

Bugala! Can you send me your script for this? Do not worry if it is messy or anything, I know it was a 2-3 hour project. It will greatly simplify trying to figure out if the crash is in the plugin or not, and where. If it is in the plugin, it must be fixed before I release it to the community here.

[edit] I developed in windows, but it was specifically created to work on Amiga first (cross-compiled it from Windows since I am more comfortable there). Then ported and tweaked to each other supported OS (different internal color formats for some reason... stuff like that). And your game DOES work in Windows, as long as the resolution is large enough. But the question is why does it crash if the resolution isn't large enough... and is it the plugin's issue.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Anyone tried this with AmigaOS4 yet?

It would be important to know if plugin works with AmigaOS4 too or not?
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

Hello Bugala,

It doesn't work on AOS 4.x
But i have a MicroAone, it's surely du to 32 Mo Gfx Memory ;-)