StoWaSta - a stop watch with statistics

Show off your project created with Hollywood
zylesea

StoWaSta - a stop watch with statistics

Post by zylesea »

Here is the new killer app ;-)

StoWaSta - a stop watch with some simple statistical functions. More precisely: This stop watch calculates the mean and median from taken times.

It's not the usual sports stop watch, but rather to take many intermediate times during one trial. Originally I wrote it for my school teacher work (biology) a while back to stop times of an entire class (holding the breath) and to teach and visualize about the differene about median and mean (well math teachers may debate whether it's clever to teach statistics @ class 6 (11-12 yrs), but it worked out rather well, most pupil got the idea about mean and median).

Now I draw an icon, added a little background, put a little website online and even made an Android version available (will get lost in the depths of the app store anyway...), but investing a little additional work is probably better than let it gaining digital dust on the harddisk - so here we go:

http://via.i-networx.de/stowasta/about.htm

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s.stowasta
lazi

Re: StoWaSta - a stop watch with statistics

Post by lazi »

Nice to see Hollywood app in the google app store!
An english description in the Play Store would help a lot to understand what is it for.

Here is what I tried and what is the result:
-set time
-enter value: 15
-countdown
-countdown again

Error: Attempt to compare a number with a string! File: stowasta_0_5.hws (current line: 397 - In function: p_buttonfunc)

Hope it helps!
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Added an English translation to the play store (should be shown in all countries except Germany (Austria? Switzerland?, dunno), cannot test myself though as I am in a Germany...)

I wasn't able to reproduce your bug, but at least I found that missed out the "type, #numerical" to the stringinput command (for setting the time) which should take care that there are only numbers to compare.

Thanks for testing and reporting.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Small update to 0.6.

Timebar autoscales now.
Also the input is restricted to numbers only (only MorphOS, Windows, Android). The 68k binary didn't liked the "type, #NUMERICAL" parameter for some reason, so I skipped it for 68k.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

Small update to V0.7

Variance and standard deviation (mean) get calculated now as well as the values for the p25 and p75 quartiles (median).
html export files are a bit better structured now.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

A small update to 0,8

changes:
Beep on end of a countdown.
Fixed a misbehaviour on some paused situations.
Few internal changes.