Exutil - an exif based batch renaming utility

Show off your project created with Hollywood

Exutil - an exif based batch renaming utility

Postby zylesea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 pm

I realized V0.10 of Exutil - a small utility to batch rename pictures by date sorted names based on Exif date information or by file's date with an integrated thumbnail viewer.
This is _not_ a killer app, but my playground to get familiar with RapaGUI (earlier versions used MUI Royale). V0.10 is the first RapaGUI based release and not finished, but rather a snapshot. Anyway I gave it a go.

http://via.i-networx.de/Exutil/about.htm

I am happy for any feedback.
zylesea

Re: Exutil - an exif based batch renaming utility

Postby Juan Carlos » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:42 am

Well, a big step will to have some day for Amiga systems a program like ACDSee made with Hollywood. Congratulations for your time and work.
Juan Carlos

Postby zylesea » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:08 pm

zylesea wrote:I realized...

released not realized
zylesea

Postby zylesea » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:44 am

Exutil updated to V1.0.

It's now, at least more or less, the RapaGUI program I thought of for this exercise.
New: supports English and German, files can get renamed now by selection from thumbnails, quite some itches and glitches removed.
If you wanna try out: http://via.i-networx.de/Exutil/about.htm (English page) or http://via.i-networx.de/Exutil/about_DE.htm (German page).
Feedback is highly appreciated.
zylesea

Postby HelmutH » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello zylesea
A nice program to rename many files in a folder. 8-)

At my tryings, I found a few points, which I have noticed:
1. At the thumbnails, in the left window, are the font too tight to the image, e.g. Folders and .info files.
2. The left window is enlarged by using the pull button at the bottom right. At the moment it is so, that in the left field 4 thumbnails are displayed side by side, this window can not widened, but the right part can be widened infinitely. It would be better other way round, for example, at many files, you can displayed, in the left field more files.
3. Undo function, if you renamed something wrong.

I hope you has understood what I mean.
That was my Points by my first try out. ;)
greeting Helmut
HelmutH

Postby zylesea » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:16 am

Thanks for the feedback.
The thumbnail area is indeed a bit to small to accomondate the text w/o overlapping the thumbnail, That will be fixed.
For easiness I limited the thumbnail window to 4 rows. A full resizability has advantages and disadvantages. Am undecided whether i keep it like it is or change it.
An undo function is a good idea. At least there is the filenote function integrated (on Amiga & Co) which includes storage of the old file name - a little help if some files get renamed that should have not... But a proper undo - I am thinking about it.
zylesea

Return to Showcase