CrissAMIGAcrosS

Show off your project created with Hollywood
pecaN

CrissAMIGAcrosS

Post by pecaN »

Hi all!
I've recently uploaded to the Aminet my new tiny game created with Hollywood6.1 - CrissAMIGAcrosS. It's just a 15-minute think game, criss cross where you have to find 26 words frot the world of Amiga in a 20 x 20 grid of 400 letters (see the picture )

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=bpR ... JcDHVPhDIU

For transitions between game screens I used some Hollywood TransitionFX effects and if anyone played my game I would just like to know the speed of Water ripple effect transition on you rmachines... As I am not MorphOS user any more I develop on Win7 and with my 2,1GHz notebook this effect is pretty fast and smooth. Thanks in advance for your possible replies. You can download the game here :

http://aminet.net/package/game/think/Criss_MOS
http://aminet.net/package/game/think/Criss_OS4

Petr "pecaN" Kaderka
pecaN

Re: CrissAMIGAcrosS

Post by pecaN »

And one more info for coders : as you can see there are 400 letters on the screen and you can click on each letter which means 400 buttons to define. Yes it could be easily done via for...next loop but I took this as a challenge and made this WITHOUT using button library - just using MouseX() and MouseY() functions and some low-level math :-)
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hello pecaN
I get this error:
CrissAMIGacrosS_OS4: file not executable
if I start the game on my OS4 System.
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Hello, thank for your feedback! You're the only one who reported this, i asked a friend of mine and he told me that CrissAMIGAcrosS_OS4 has not set the executable attribute so if you set it it should work. He was able to run the game even when the executable attribute was not set... I have never had such problem so far, so please try to set the executable attribute and i hope it works

HelmutH wrote:Hello pecaN
I get this error:
CrissAMIGacrosS_OS4: file not executable
if I start the game on my OS4 System.
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Many thanks for your fast help, pecaN. That was the point, the executable attribute was not set.
After setting is CrissAMIGAcrosS running. Nice Game, looks good. ;)
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

You're welcome! :-) but I am a bit dazzled about such behavior of Hollywood, when I compiled 2PicPuzzle (also on Windows) no one reported any problem so i expected Hollywood created executable files WITH executable attribute set.. so I will have to research some more info about it as i don't have any chance to make this on Windows...
HelmutH wrote:Many thanks for your fast help, pecaN. That was the point, the executable attribute was not set.
After setting is CrissAMIGAcrosS running. Nice Game, looks good. ;)
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hello pecaN
I have download your game 2PicPuzzle and no problems with the executable flag. It is set by 2PicPuzzle.
It is also not a mistake from the download, because I have Criss_OS4 just downloaded again, the executable flag is also not set this time.
An "error" when compiling :?:
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Yes, that's it!! I found out later that I made such mistake during compiling... so next time I hope this won't happen... Could you please send me your mail via PM, I would like to compile it again and send you for test...

2PicPuzzle is OK because it was developed on MorphOS so after compiling both MOS and OS4 versions I could clearly see that an icon was created with executable attribute set..

Thank you sincerely for your feedback and reports ! pecaN

HelmutH wrote:Hello pecaN
I have download your game 2PicPuzzle and no problems with the executable flag. It is set by 2PicPuzzle.
It is also not a mistake from the download, because I have Criss_OS4 just downloaded again, the executable flag is also not set this time.
An "error" when compiling :?:
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Super that you have found the small "mistake".
I have sent you my e-mail address via PM for the test with the executable flag.
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Ok, i sent it

HelmutH wrote:Super that you have found the small "mistake".
I have sent you my e-mail address via PM for the test with the executable flag.