My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Show off your project created with Hollywood

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby Allanon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 am

Thank you guys for the interest :)

@jPV
The library is not yet published, I will publish it as soon as I've finished the Hasteroid game test to check for errors, bugs and missing features :)
User avatar
Allanon
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby peceha » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Allanon,
thank You for the library - have not needed until now :) so I decided to give it a try.

When I start the example program and choose mp3 file I got an error:
Error in line 351 (ID3Tag.hws): Invalid UTF-8 sequence encountered!

and this is the highlighted line:
Code: Select all
FrameType = ReadString(nf, 4)


Is there something wrong with my mp3 ? (it happens with every mp3 I have testest)

Thanks.
peceha
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am
Location: Poland

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby SamuraiCrow » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

It's probably complaining about Unicode. Try to switch to the appropriate code page for the older versions of Hollywood. Maybe Allanon didn't upgrade before writing this.
SamuraiCrow
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 pm
Location: Ft. Collins, Colorado USA

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby peceha » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Could you explain a little bit more where to switch?

I changed:
File > IDE settings > save format
to
ISO-8859-1 and resaved both files (ID3Tag and tagReader) but it didn't change anything.
peceha
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am
Location: Poland

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby Allanon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:23 am

Hi,
I'm not too into UTF8 encoding stuff, the library was developed and tested on Hollywood 6, I've just bought the upgrade but not yet received.
As soon as I will get it I'll try to check it out.

Maybe you could try to use the SetDefaultEncoding() command.

At line 351 there is a ReadString() command used to parse the id3 header frames, the error occurs during the reading operation.

Looking at the new manual the ReadString() command accepts a new encoding parameter, you may try temporary fix it adding the encoding as third parameter:

Code: Select all
s$ = ReadString(id, length[, encoding])


In few days Andreas should send me the upgrade :)
Let me now if you fixed the issue :)
User avatar
Allanon
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby peceha » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Unfortunately, adding #ENCODING_UTF8 to ReadString() is not quite helping:
there is no error anymore at line 351 but the same error jumps in but few lines away, at line 379 (this is also ReadString() command but #ENCODING_UTF8 parameter doesnt help here).

I tried with SetDefaultEncoding(#ENCODING_UTF8) but no luck.

Looks like I'll wait for your fix :).

Thanks
peceha
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am
Location: Poland

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby Allanon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Ok, let's hope Andreas will send my HW 7 copy as soon as possible :mrgreen:

TBH I'm a bit scared about all this UTF-8 stuff :lol:
User avatar
Allanon
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby peceha » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 pm

So... I have it working :)

this is what must be added to almost every function handling strings:
Code: Select all
#ENCODING_ISO8859_1

Thanks
peceha
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:39 am
Location: Poland

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby Allanon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Great! and thank you!
Is a good hint for the next release :D
User avatar
Allanon
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Italy

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Postby lazi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 pm

peceha wrote:this is what must be added to almost every function handling strings:
Code: Select all
#ENCODING_ISO8859_1


No need to bother all string functions. Just insert this line to the beginning of the script:
Code: Select all
@OPTIONS {Encoding = #ENCODING_ISO8859_1}

Then everything is working as on pre 7.0.
User avatar
lazi
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest