My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Allanon

Re: My new documentation site and about where I'm heading :)

Post by Allanon »

Hello all,
I've released APPBuilder 2.0 with full support for Hollywood 7, new platform targets and new and updated plugins.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION
APPBuilder is a tool that can drastically increase your Hollywood multimedia language productivity, infact with APPBuilder you can compile and pack your cross-platform project with a single click without bothering with long shell commands.

In a standard environment, if you will to target multiple platforms and you are using plugins, you would have to build your executables and manually you have to pack them including the right plugin for every target OS. This process can lead to mistakes, copying the wrong plugin or putting it in the wrong folder. If you are building your applications for multiple platforms this utility is a must have to save time!

This application let you choice for which target platforms you want to build, you set up your main source and what Hollywood plugins your application needs, and you are done: APPBuilder will manage for you all the boring things like copying the correct plugin version in the correct target platform folder.

APPBuilder can also manage for you your application resources, just tell APPBuilder which resources must be included with your application and it will copy all of them in the right folders, including MacOSX application boundles! Yes Mac .app bundles will be managed by APPBulder with no efforts from the user.

APPBuilder can also manage external data: with external data I mean data that must be included with your distribution but that is not essential and should be placed outside the main application folder.

Think about a “readme” file, or documentation files : setting these files as external APPBuilder will copy them inside the build folder but outside the application folder, this is especially useful for MacOSX applications because external files will be placed outside the application boundle and so will be easily accessible by the final users.

One more thing that APPBuilder can do is to create for you a zipped archive ready to be distributed, it uses 7zip so you must have it on your system to use this feature or, at least, you should have a similar program that uses the same command line arguments of 7zip.

NOTES
Please note that on your first run APPBuilder will download all necessary files and all available plugins from a remote position, this was needed to reduce the package size, my hosting space needs and to allow you to download updates easily.

LICENSE
APPBuilder is distributed as shareware, downloading one of the available package you will get the full version that from time to time will remember you to register the software (of course if you like it and it’s useful for your needs) : there are no other restrictions, you have the time to test it as long as you wish.
If you decide to register your copy have a look at the available options on the application home page.

CHANGELOG
  • Updated to Hollywood 7 and added all supported target platforms
  • Updated all plugins and added all missing ones
  • Now APPBuilder remembers the last used projects folder
  • Platform targets are now defined using an external plain text file instead of being hardcoded
  • Due to Hollywood 7 update now also APPBuilder offers full support to UTF-8 encoding.
APPBuilder Home Page
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

Is not work on mac64
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Hi, can you provide more informations about the problem? Are you getting errors?
Do you have a screenshot to help me to fix the problem?
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

-bash: /Volumes/MacHD2/Downloads/APPBuilder/APPBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS/APPBuilder: Permission denied

If I try to run it from terminal
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Looks like Allanon forgot to set execute permission on the "APPBuilder" executable. You can change this manually using chmod and it should work.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Yes, it's true, sorry, I've set the executable flag on Linux versions but forgot to set it for MacOS ones.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Allanon wrote:Yes, it's true, sorry, I've set the executable flag on Linux versions but forgot to set it for MacOS ones.
Appbuilder 3.0?
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Bugala wrote:
Allanon wrote:Yes, it's true, sorry, I've set the executable flag on Linux versions but forgot to set it for MacOS ones.
Appbuilder 3.0?
Do you need more features? :D

Anyway, as soon as possible I will upload the fixed MacOS versions, I'm currently updating the documentation
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

AppBuilder v2.0
- Updated Documentation & User Guide (click to view)
- Fixed MacOS X executable flags (thanks to sashapont for the report)
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Hello all,

Today I'd like to share with all of you my biggest project : HGui!

This is an experimental release, I've spent the last few days to think about a simple way (for me to maintain and for you to download) to share my work with you.
So I decided to share my libraries using GoogleDrive, for me is easy enough to maintain and I hope that for you will be the same.
The user have the ability to navigate throught the folders and see what's inside, you also have the ability to download the entire content as a zip file (managed by GoogleDrive) hitting the button "Download All" in the top-right corner.

Since it is an experimental release, it has been published only on this board to check if all is fine for you. If this solution is ok I will share all my works (a lot!) in the same way and in the same shared folder.

All the included stuff is needed by HGui, so in order to run the examples you have to download all the included libraries, I suggest to use the "Download All" button available in the top-right corner to get all the included files in a single zipped archive.
I've also included some basic examples you can find in the "Examples/HGui" folder, but before running them you have to change a line of code in the +Includes.hws file.

IMPORTANT
At line 13 of the mentioned file you have:

Code: Select all

Const #INC_PATH     = "C:/Users/Fabio.NB-FABIO/Dropbox/+HWLibs/"
All you have to do is change this path to the location where +Includes.hws file has been copied.

For example, if you have copied the contents in:

C:/MyHollywoodWorks/
The +Includes.hws file should be in:

C:/MyHollywoodWorks/HWLibs/+Includes.hws
So the line to change should become:

Const #INC_PATH     = "C:/MyHollywoodWorks/HWLibs/"
And that's all! After you have changed that line you should be able to run the examples with a double click.

Feedback is very important, so please let me know if this solution works for you, if you have problems or any comment you have.

As said, if this solution is ok for you I'll add more stuff and also a couple of full apps developed with HGui, like HFinder for example :)

Here is the GoogleDrive link
All the available documentation is here

If you think this work deserves it, consider the possibility of supporting me with a PayPal donation or by using Patreon

Enjoy!