2PICPUZZLE

Show off your project created with Hollywood
pecaN

Re: 2PICPUZZLE

Post by pecaN »

sorry for my mistake, two pictures each splitted to 48 tiles is 96 tiles, not 136 :-) pecaN
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

I sent you an email with three snapshot of the game so you can see it :

1) pics splitted into 20 tiles
2) pics splitted into 30 tiles
3) pics splitted into 48 tiles

so make your choice :-)

pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hello pecaN
Many thanks for the snapshots and your work.
Is it possible that you add a function where I can choise between 2 or more tiles settings in the game, or is this to complicate :?:
If it is to complicate then I choise the 20 tiles.
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

HelmutH wrote:Hello pecaN
Many thanks for the snapshots and your work.
Is it possible that you add a function where I can choise between 2 or more tiles settings in the game, or is this to complicate :?:
If it is to complicate then I choise the 20 tiles.

Well, ehm, in fact I thought about it... :-)

after choosing a picture you would choose from three game modes : EASY (20 tiles), MEDIUM (30 tiles) or HARD (48 tiles) ... it would be definitely possible but as I repeat again and again, I am a bit limited about my spare time... but I can definitely try (and maybe I will release the new vresion via Aminet then) but you will still have your personal unique version of the game ... :-) pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hi pecaN
Interesting to read that you have already thought about the different game modes. 8-)
Yes, with the limited free time we know Amiga users certainly all, so I am always happy, if suggestions are accepted, even if it takes then until they are finished. And for me, I hope you find a little bit more spare time and you can finish the changes at your game. ;)
Many thanks again for your additional work that you make for me. :)
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

HelmutH wrote:Hi pecaN
Interesting to read that you have already thought about the different game modes. 8-)
Yes, with the limited free time we know Amiga users certainly all, so I am always happy, if suggestions are accepted, even if it takes then until they are finished. And for me, I hope you find a little bit more spare time and you can finish the changes at your game. ;)
Many thanks again for your additional work that you make for me. :)
Yep !

So far I have made some progress, hope I find some more time in the next few days... but there is quite an important issue here : choosing the two pictures in the game.

In the original 2PicPuzzle there were only 20 pictures 320 x 256 in the "pix" drawer, each only a few kilobytes so I could load them into memory all at once. But when you want to use 50 or even more 640 x 480 pictures (as you wrote) I think it would be a dirty programming, consuming too much memory for nothing and also when browsing through 20 pictures it's quite ok but when you have, say, 80 pictures in the "pix" drawer and you would like to chose e.g. picture number 60, this would be veru user unfriendly... so I would like to ask you if you dont mind a "little" change - you would choose the two pictures very quickly and easily with the standard file requester... I think this would be much more comfortable for you (you would choose from any drawer and you can have thousands of pictures in it :-) ) and it would be also veru easy to code for me :-)

I think it is a good idea so let me know ii this was acceptable for you... pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hi pecaN
That was just suggestions from my site, and since I understand very little about programming, make it as easy as possible for you to make it work so well and you do not spend too much of your spare time on it. And your suggestion themselves hears also good to, because then we can use endlessly many pictures in your game, fantastic. :)
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Hi again :-)

sorry for some delay in our conversation but I was set to the "LTMC" (Less Talking More Coding ) mode :-)

Well improving the game according to your demands was much easier than I expected, I only had some minor problems caused by my low IQ and some incorrect math counts :-) but now I can say that I hope to send you a gameplay demo in next 2-3 days ... if everything goes well... :-)

And one more question about pictures for the game : Would you like me to implement this feature : If a loaded picture wasn't in 640 x 480 resolution (no matter if it's lower or higher) the game would automatically scale it to the 640 x 480 resolution??? It is VERY easy to implement into the code and I think it could save you some time as you wouldn't have to prepare your pictures manually in a graphics programme ?

pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hi pecaN
Thats hobby and it is no life dependent on it, you must have fun and enough time for your work on your game.
And it's very good to hear, that are my suggestion not to comlicate to implement in your game.
And yes, sometimes gives a moment that the brain is not correct working how as you will.
In this case, we say in Germany short-term "Brett for the head".

Yes, that is a good feature with the automatically scaling in to the 640 x 480 resolution, please add this function. 8-)
And many thanks for your effort :!:
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

OK, I've got it!!

I've just sent you a playable DEMO of the game, please note that this is not the full version

BEFORE LAUNCHING THE GAME PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED HTML README...

hope I compiled it right on Windows and it will work... pecaN