2PICPUZZLE

Show off your project created with Hollywood
pecaN

2PICPUZZLE

Post by pecaN »

Hi guys =)

after some long time a made another very simple game with my old good Hollywood 4.7 =) it's a simple 2PIC puzzle game =) you can get it from Aminet as usual

MorphOS :

http://aminet.net/game/think/2PicPuzzle_mos.lha

AmigaOS4 :

http://aminet.net/game/think/2PicPuzzle_os4.lha

unforetunately i don't know ow to insert a screenshot from my harddrive :-)

hope you will like the game at least a bit =) pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Re: 2PICPUZZLE

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

pecaN wrote: unforetunately i don't know ow to insert a screenshot from my harddrive :-)
Upload it to some image hoster like tinypic, then paste the link here :)
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

sorry for such a delay, i was at hospital :-(

but now here you are , these ar etwo pics from the game... :-)

picture 1 : http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaT ... 7Xb4fmLTIU

picture 2 : http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaT ... 7XcYvmLTIU
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hi pecaN
A nice game you have created, I like it :!: ;)
Is it possible that you can expand the game, that i can use larger images can be displayed and also more pictures in the Pix folder can be used :?:
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

HelmutH wrote:Hi pecaN
A nice game you have created, I like it :!: ;)
Is it possible that you can expand the game, that i can use larger images can be displayed and also more pictures in the Pix folder can be used :?:
Hello I am glad you like it :-)

From the beginning it was being made just as a 10-minute game with no plans for future development and now I have so little time for Hollywood, only now and then for a while... but concerning you rquestions :

1) expanding would be quite easy, how many pictures would you like to have in a folder ? :-) I also remind that you can use your own pictures for the game if you fed up with my 20 delivered with the game... it's written in the manual, here you are the excerpt :

YOUR OWN PICTURES IN THE GAME

Well, you may not like my set of Amiga games pictures but don't be sad : you can very easily put pictures of your own Amiga (or even not Amiga :-) ) games in 2PICPUZZLE ! In the "pix" drawer there are "pix01", "pix02" etc... "pix01" is Superfrog so If you want to have for example Dungeon Master, get a screenshot from it, rename it to "pix01" and copy it to "pix" drawer instead of original "pix01" file and Dungeon Master is now in the game ! :-) Your picture should be exactly 320x256. You can even use pictures larger than 320x256 but only 320x256 part of it will be used and it will be incomplete :-)

Please také note that picture format should be iff, jpg, png or gif , if you use a format that is not supported, you get an error mesage and the game won't start :-)

2) what resolutions of pictures would you like to use? You have to take in mind different resolutions of desktop on different systems e.g. on Win7 I use 1366 x 768 so I could use two pictures 640 x 480 instead of 320 x 256 ... but I don't have MorphOS and OS4 so I don't know common resolutions...

pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Hello pecaN
I have read it with the own pictures in the manual and I have own used, but it would be great,
if we could use your picture also and can add 30 or even 80 own picture.
I use a 27" monitor under OS4, therfore should the resolution 640x480 or even 800x600 go.
It would be great, if you could change that, if you have some time for your game.
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Well, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to make changes you want :-) I think I may find some time to create your own personal version of 2PicPuzzle :-)

But as I have only 1366 x 768 resolution on Win7 I could develop only two 640 x 480 pics so far (if it's enough for you :-) )

And I would also need to know : If I use 640 x 480 pics would you like the tiles to be the same size ? Now every tile is 64 x 64 pixels so the 320 x 256 picture is splitted into 20 tiles So for 640 x 480 you should tell me how many tiles you want and which size in pixels.... pecaN
HelmutH

Post by HelmutH »

Super pecaN, that you take specially time for me and extend the game with my suggestions. Pictures in the size of 640 x 480 are ok and there would be 80x80 pixels quite well, that would be 48 tiles, if I have not make a mistake. Many thanks. :)
greeting Helmut
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

HelmutH wrote:Super pecaN, that you take specially time for me and extend the game with my suggestions. Pictures in the size of 640 x 480 are ok and there would be 80x80 pixels quite well, that would be 48 tiles, if I have not make a mistake. Many thanks. :)
Yes, I don't promise miracles but I hope I can make it.. :-) so two 640 x 480 pictures, each splitted into 48 tiles 80 x 80 pixels.... So keep you fingers crossed for me :-) pecaN
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Well, I've made some research and I have another question : each picture splitted into 48 tiles, that makes 136 tiles which seems a bit hard gameplay to me :-)

So you can think about it, because the tiles don't have to be squares, no problem to have them as rectangles! I think that we can have this :

1) each picture 48 tiles (as you wanted), each tile 80 x 80 pixels

2) each picture 20 tiles - 5 x 4 (as in the original 2PicPuzzle), each tile 128 x 120 pixels

or

3) each picture 30 tiles - 5 x 6, each tile 128 x 80 pixels

so it's your choice :-) pecaN