CopyFile bug?

Report any Hollywood bugs here
Tuxedo

CopyFile bug?

Post by Tuxedo »

Hi!
I noticed that wasnt possible to copy/move a file that have [ or ] in the name...
Since nothing was written in the guide regarding that weird behaviour I think that was an Hollywood bug...
I know that [ and ] was special symbols for Hollywood but moving/copying a dos file with the Move/CopyFile() command wasnt an Hollywood action..simply a DOS action...right?

I made something wrong?

Thank you!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: CopyFile bug?

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

That's not a bug. The square brackets are AmigaDOS wildcards. Thus, you need to escape them if you have filenames that use them. See the AmigaDOS manual:
The following list shows each wildcard character and the type of match it makes. In the list, a <p> indicates
that either a single or multiple character string immediately adjacent to the wildcard is matched. To match a
literal wildcard character, you must escape its wildcard meaning by prefacing it with an apostrophe (`). For
example, `?, matches?, and ` ` (two single apostrophes) matches'.
Tuxedo

Re: CopyFile bug?

Post by Tuxedo »

Interesting...
I really miss that! Unfortunately I dont have the AmigaDOS manual and think that cant found it so easly around in the bookstores right? Maybe I can found something on the net?

Sorry for the stupid asnwer! :P
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.