Script recorder crash

Report any Hollywood bugs here
ntromans

Script recorder crash

Post by ntromans »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just trying to do something I shouldn't...

On AROS I've been trying to use the script recorder feature. As in the documentation, I've been using a single fixed size hollywood display. However, along with this I have been opening a RapaGUI (also tried with MUIRoyale) toolbar (as mentioned in another thread). I didn't expect to capture the toolbar in the recording, just wanting the output from the display. However, starting the script using the 'Create video' option from the GUI Hollywood immediately crashes with a 'division by zero' error in 'Module Hollywood segment 1 text (0x0859FAB0) Offset 0x001FD97B'. Both the toolbar and display are not fully rendered, just being shown as grey rectangles.

Is there any work around to do this (aside from removing the toolbar, which is needed for the operation of the program)?

Cheers,
Nigel.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Script recorder crash

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Actually, using the video recorder together with a plugin which replaces Hollywood's inbuilt display handler is not possible. Of course, Hollywood shouldn't just crash but exit cleanly and show an error message so I'll fix that but if you want to record scripts you mustn't use any plugin which kills Hollywood's inbuilt display handler like RapaGUI or MUI Royale do.
ntromans

Re: Script recorder crash

Post by ntromans »

airsoftsoftwair wrote:Actually, using the video recorder together with a plugin which replaces Hollywood's inbuilt display handler is not possible. Of course, Hollywood shouldn't just crash but exit cleanly and show an error message so I'll fix that but if you want to record scripts you mustn't use any plugin which kills Hollywood's inbuilt display handler like RapaGUI or MUI Royale do.
Thanks for the information. I was hoping, as a display was open, that I could record that but can I understand that it's not a freature designed to be used alongside RapaGUI or MUIRoyale. I'll see how I get on using AROS' screen recorder instead.

Cheers,
Nigel.