Error compiling with 6.1 under x86 AROS

Report any Hollywood bugs here
ntromans

Error compiling with 6.1 under x86 AROS

Post by ntromans »

I've just installed 6.1 on x86 AROS and tried to compile (for AROS) my current project but the compilation fails with an error 'Key "x86-aros" not fount in system base!". Similarly, if I try to cross-compile for windows I get 'Key "x86-windows" not fount in system base!". There were no issues with the compile under 6.0. I tried a compile of one of the supplied examples and it failed with the same error, but it will Display correctly. I've checked the 6.1 archive and I cannot find any files named as x86-aros (please remember we have to do a manual install on AROS as the installer does not work for us). I tried adding a copy of my Hollywood.key file renamed to x86-aros into the Hollywood system drawer but this did not help.

Cheers,
Nigel.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Error compiling with 6.1 under x86 AROS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Looks like you're using an outdated version of Hollywood.sys. Have you forgotten to update your Hollywood.sys with the one from Hollywood 6.1?
ntromans

Post by ntromans »

Many thanks. I thought I'd copied everyting across but on copying hollywood.sys again everything works, which is great as the ability of 6.1 to compile in the plugins will be really useful to me.

One small point; I used the new SavePrefs intruction to check I was actually using the new 6.1 code. I noticed it was hard-coded to save to prefs:envarc. I use a system (actally written in Hollywood) which allows different users to log in and have their own preferences, which as far as envarc is concerned just means setting the envarc: assign to the user' personal ones before the preferences are applied. I just thought it might be useful for Hollywood to check if envarc: is set and save there rather than always the hard-coded path.

Cheers,
Nigel.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Makes sense, I think I can change this.