GetTime() and Full Window mode

Report any Hollywood bugs here
Juan Carlos

GetTime() and Full Window mode

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hi Andreas, I'm very surprise for this strange bug with GetTime() when you click to open the window in full window under all systems the content inside the window disappear, incredible but it is true see this single example:

Code: Select all

@DISPLAY {Title="Test date", Width=800, Height=600, Color=$f0f0f0, Borderless = False, NoClose=False, 
 KeepProportions=True, Sizeable = True, NoModeSwitch=True}

@BRUSH 300, "Amiga500.jpg", {Loader="inbuilt"} ;Here you can test with other picture.

DisplayBrush(300, 0, 0)

Time=GetTime()
SetFont(#SANS, 25)
SetFontColor(#WHITE)
TextOut(#CENTER, #CENTER, "Time: "..Time)

EscapeQuit(True)
Repeat
  WaitEvent
Forever@DISPLAY {Title="Test date", Width=800, Height=600, Color=$f0f0f0, Borderless = False, NoClose=False, 
 KeepProportions=True, Sizeable = True, NoModeSwitch=True}
Even only with put the command GetTime, when you click to open the window also disappear the pictures, etc.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: GetTime() and Full Window mode

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

This is not a bug. When resizing the window and layers are off, Hollywood will just resize the BGPic and redraw. It has been like that since Hollywood 1.0. Since your BGPic is just a static gray color, this is what you'll get. If you want the brush and the text to stay on top, you either have to enable layers or listen to "SizeWindow" and draw them again whenever the window size changes.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hi Andreas, with this strange visual effects inside of my proyects mystify me, with VAMP proyect and to find this problem that only appear with open a window show the time and disappear the buttons, or with the Banki game and when it is iconify and playing the videos the options to next video are show without finish the current played video, or the old problems with the sounds fixed now with the option the play sounds for channels ( thanks I tested and it is a big improved), I despair because I haven't so free time to programming and get programming skills.
I'll tryed to use the SiveWindow like event handler to avoid the my two big problems programming the disappear graphics and iconify games with video.
airsoftsoftwair

Maybe you should just enable layers and try to do everything with layers. Then you won't have to worry about refreshing your display after size changes or uniconify.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Yeah, but I have much doubts, how to use the layers, the examples I studied and tryed to make some easy program but no success.
airsoftsoftwair

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it... you just have to keep track of your layers and make sure that you aren't infinitely adding new ones.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thanks Andreas, I'll try although it is a little difficult for me. My time and my programming skills aren't so good.