Windows ide and android questions

Report any Hollywood bugs here
xabierpayet

Windows ide and android questions

Post by xabierpayet »

i have a problem with windows ide, i cannot save my scripts, ever prompts the requester telling:
Overwriting the examples that come with hollywood is not allowed....
The only way to save it is using the save as function, can you solve this? Maybe i need configure something?
with previous versions of hollywood this problem never happen.
Why in andoid, when i left my program, use the phone, and return to the program, this reboot? is not possible freeze it?
Another thing, is possible remove the hollywood screen in the android executable?
And...Is possible remove the android icons (Home, back, menu etc in the phone/tablet) and have a true full screen?
Bugala

Re: Windows ide and android questions

Post by Bugala »

Regarding Windows IDE, after using "Save As", can you then use "Save"?

This sounds like a problem i was having too, which wasnt to do with Hollywood but with newer Windowses which keep very strict control on who and where you are able to put new files to.

My solution was to make directory called "Programs 2" where i install all my programs that have anything to do with files, including Hollywood. After that i havent had any problems saving hollywood programs.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

no, i cannot use save, i tried to execute hollywood as administrator, but don´t work either, i try your solution, but this problem only happen with hollywood here
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

your solution is not working here, i try it in several drawers and partitions, with no luck
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

I just realised i used bad wording, so I am saying in case you misunderstood what i said, since you can understand my sentence in two different ways.

What I more specifically meant to say is that i made folder called "Programs 2" where I have installed my Hollywood software. It is where i install all my software like Gimp 2 etc. as well.

After that i didnt have problem with that admin stuff anymore.

So did you try that or just made folder for your hollywood scripts?

Edit: Thought to add still that i had this problem with previous version of hollywood. It was either 6.0 or the one before that. I dont have 6.1 yet.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

i´m using other drawers for my hollywood scripts, i don´t use the hollywood drawer, i move all the hollywood drawer content to another place in my hd, but i have the same result, i try to reinstall hollywood in other partition, and the same here, save as is the only solution for now
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

@xabierpayet:
Please open separate threads for separate issues next time because these collective threads are quite confusing. Thanks :)
xabierpayet wrote:i have a problem with windows ide, i cannot save my scripts, ever prompts the requester telling:
Overwriting the examples that come with hollywood is not allowed....
The only way to save it is using the save as function, can you solve this? Maybe i need configure something?
with previous versions of hollywood this problem never happen.
Yes, this is because previous Hollywood versions ran in virtual store mode which is some kind of legacy mode for old applications but this also could lead to all sorts of undesirable side effects. Now Hollywood runs with full Vista certificates so it's no longer allowed to save files to Hollywood's installation directory.

From the history:

Code: Select all

- Change [IDE]: The IDE no longer uses virtualization; this means that you will no longer be able to
  modify and save the examples that come with Hollywood because they're stored inside Hollywood's
  directory in program files; if you want to modify and save one of the examples, just make a local
  copy; you'll also have to reconfigure the settings because ide.ini is now stored in the application
  data folder
- Change [Win32]: Hollywood no longer uses virtualization but it will fail now when you try to write
  a file to a folder that your application doesn't have write access to; previously, Hollywood always
  ran in legacy mode which automatically redirected unauthorized writes to the virtual store; this is
  no longer done now because it can lead to all kinds of unwanted behaviour and issues; so please write
  your settings to the application data directory which you can obtain by calling GetSystemInfo()
Why in andoid, when i left my program, use the phone, and return to the program, this reboot? is not possible freeze it?
You mean your Android device reboots after exiting a Hollywood program? Really? Which device and
Android version is this?
Another thing, is possible remove the hollywood screen in the android executable?
Currently not.
And...Is possible remove the android icons (Home, back, menu etc in the phone/tablet) and have a true full screen?
Yes, just set the "HideTitleBar" tag in @DISPLAY to TRUE.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

i´m not saving in the hollywood directory, i´m using different folders in different partitions under windows 10
My android version is 5.1.1 and is running in an xperia Z2 phone, also have the same problem in my hyundai prometeo tablet v4.2.2
Using hidetitlebar i still having the navigation bar Image i need hide those buttons
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Using hidetitlebar i still having the navigation bar Image i need hide those buttons
This isn't possible yet but I think it should be possible to add this.
My android version is 5.1.1 and is running in an xperia Z2 phone, also have the same problem in my hyundai prometeo tablet v4.2.2
Please upload the APK somewhere or send it to me so that I can check whether I can reproduce the problem here.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

it´s not possible, nee a lot of external files for work the app, you have any idea about how to solve my problem with hollywood 6.1? i return to 6.0, 6.1 is tedious working with includes, i need save as every change, and is not very useful, almost here