Oddity when printing from Win10 and a solution

Report any Hollywood bugs here
TheMartian

Oddity when printing from Win10 and a solution

Post by TheMartian »

Hi

I have encountered an oddity when printing from the Windows IDE of Hollywood 6.0 using a HP CP4025 Laser Jet. This only happens on a PC with Win10, but not on another PC with Win7. Win7 works with no configuration to the printer setup. Printing from other applications do work in Win10 however, so it is not a general problem with Win10. The printer is set up to work with A4 format paper.

If I print a program from the IDE, no printing is done by the printer, and no print remains in the queue. If I look at the printing preferences in the queue while printing, I can see a text briefly flashing and disappearing, but too fast to read. The queue remains empty after that.

It turns out, that the problem can be solved by opening the Printing Preferences for the printer. There is an 'Effects' tab, and on that tab is a 'Resizing option', which by default is set to 'Actual size'. When I change the setting to 'Print document on A4' and save the setting, everything works as desired.

I wonder if there is some hardcoded setting in the IDE editor that causes a mismatch between A4 and whatever that setting might be in combination with some mysterious change in the way Win10 prints. Anyway, as described the issue is easily solved, and I only created this mail in case someone else has run into the same problem and scratched his/her head in vain looking for a solution.

regards
Jesper
Bugala

Re: Oddity when printing from Win10 and a solution

Post by Bugala »

Thanks for letting know about this. I have HP Printer myself, so maybe i will encounter the same problem if i one day need to print something.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Oddity when printing from Win10 and a solution

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Thanks for the report! I'll investigate into this and fix it if necessary.