Plugins installations on windows7

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
pecaN

Plugins installations on windows7

Post by pecaN »

Hi,
I've just downloaded the great glgalore.hwp plugin. I read the docs which says that I have to copy "glgalore.hwp" to the directory"Plugins" of my Hollywood 6 installation. First, there is no "Plugin" drawer there, only "LinkerPlugins" with many subdirectories for appropriate versions of Hollywood. I copied "glgalore.hwp" to "LinkerPlugins/x86-windows" and it didn't work. So I tried to copy it just to "LinkerPlugins" drawer and it also didn't work. So the last and final try : I copied "glgalore.hwp" right to the main directory of my Hollywood installations where all the Hollywood executables, Hollywood.sys and Hollywood.key files are - and now it works great!! So I guess the readme file is of an older version?? Or is there something wrong with my installation (even though it works perfectly) ? thank you pecaN
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Plugins installations on windows7

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

pecaN wrote:So I guess the readme file is of an older version??
No, it's for a newer version. Starting with Hollywood 7, plugins need to be in a "Plugins" directory. In Hollywood 6 this was different. Consult your Hollywood 6 manual to learn about plugin locations on Hollywood 6.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

The Hollywood 6 the plugins have be join the Hollywood ide. The version 7 the plugins have be in the drawer for x86, a big advantage to hand update.
pecaN

Post by pecaN »

Thank you !!! My fault, I read the online documentation at www.hollywood-mal.com instead of the inbuilt one in my Hollywood 6 installation... now it's clear to me so thanks again !! :-)

airsoftsoftwair wrote:
pecaN wrote:So I guess the readme file is of an older version??
No, it's for a newer version. Starting with Hollywood 7, plugins need to be in a "Plugins" directory. In Hollywood 6 this was different. Consult your Hollywood 6 manual to learn about plugin locations on Hollywood 6.